{Artoria x fem reader}

A/N

I got bored, like I always do. But I thought about putting different one-shots of Saber into a one-shot, it's sounds confusing I know but just bear with me.

~~~~~~
{Kingship}

Your P.O.V

"(Y/N), I ask of you..." Artoria said making me stop from grabbing a box of her favorite sweets. "Hm? What is it Artoria?" I asked quite puzzled, "What is this 'VR'?" Artoria questioned picking up a box with the VR headset. I chuckled nervously rubbing my cheek with my pointer finger, "Well..it's a thing that kids play with. VR stands for virtual reality, your basically in the game by just wearing that headset." I answered turning away from the knight so I can grab some raw meat for dinner.

I heard Artoria hum behind me, still probably looking at the box. "Modern day is quite interesting. Don't you think so Master?" Artoria questioned herself then asked me for an answer, I shrugged examining the pork I just picked up. "Yeah, I guess. I mean since you seem to like the modern era so much, mind telling me what it was like living in the 5th to 6th century." I asked looking at the different meat type.

"Well..living as a knight, yet alone a king was difficult. I admit it was hard, but I which I was a better king for my people." Artoria answered, you could hear the sadness and disappointment in her tone of voice. "Master...how do you think a king should act?" Artoria asked putting the VR headset box away walking in front of me, I gulped looking down at her turquoise eyes.

"Uh..w-well, why would you ask me? I don't know anything about kings." I respond looking away and still trying to focus on food shopping. But being the King of Knights she is Artoria won't give up, Artoria grabs the strings of my hoodie pulling me down to face her our lips centimeters away from one another.

"Yes you do Master, I'm curious on what's your view on how a king should rule his people." Artoria retorted back fixing my hood. "Well..I think a king should be relatable when it comes to ruling his people. The king is supposed to be a ruler/leader, so it's only natural that the king be relatable and reliable but also still human having emotions not god like." Once I finished my sentence I could feel Artoria wrap her arms around my neck.

"Artoria! Wait! We're in public-!" "What about a king that is flawless? Being perfect?" Artoria cut me off pulling herself up to hug me more. "Uh..a king that's flawless? That's interesting cause in history every king I read about growing up wasn't flawless or perfect. Even gods, the strongest beings to ever exist in humanity aren't even perfect or flawless. I feel like a king that's flawless could be the reason why his country went downhill. Why his country was in runes, Why bloodshed happened with despair and sufferings happening along with the down fall of his ruling."

There was a long silence between me and the Saber class servant, only hearing the chatting between other people around us. "Master..." Artoria's breath hit my neck making me gulp hard, that's the tone of voice she uses when she wants mana and it always gets me. Artoria pulled away from the warm embrace putting her hand on my chest resting it on the place where my heart is.

"Does...does that make me a bad king. Cause I was a flawless king and my people said that I didn't understand human emotions." With just that question that came from her lips. Her grip on where her hand is place tightened, to the point where Artoria was balling her fist up full of my hoodie's fabric. I stared down at her hand and placed mine on top of hers, fitting perfectly together like a puzzle.

I smiled at my servant as Artoria brought our fitted hands to her face, rubbing the back of my hand against her cheek. "I don't think you were a bad king. Every king is different while ruling but none of them were perfect, of course there is also going to be people you can't please or befriend but that's just life. What I'm trying to say is that nobody is perfect, you could be the first hero and King of history like Gilgamesh or you could be the King of gods like Zeus and still mess up." I said hoping this brightens Artoria's mood, of course adding the most charming smile I got.