Battle Scars {Artoria Pendragon (Lancer Alter)} x Fem Reader}

A/N

Requested by jdFossil

Now, I don't have much knowledge about the second holy grail war.

I even looked it up for more information, but the data page didn't give much info about the two first wars.

They talk more about the third war, considering that was when Angra Mainyu corrupted the grail.

The info I know about the second war, is that it happened around the 1860s and it became a mass murder, where no one survived.

A bloodbath

********

Everything hurt, everything felt like it was on fire. Like someone poured melted magma into (Y/N)'s system, feeling the pain travel though her body like a wild fire.

The Masters were serious when they said getting hit by a servant, can and will get you killed. (Y/N)'s servant had to flee the battle, her master is in danger. Staying in that battle, that was becoming a bloodbath.

Could get them both killed, the wounds are quite large. Artoria wonders if she can attend them? Doubting in her ability to fix her master, she shakes her head. A King should never have doubt, in his abilities.

(Y/N)'s sight became complex to handle, everything was dizzy and hazy. Little black dots covering the corner of her vision, she wanted to just close her eyes. Everything was just too exhausting to handle.

But she couldn't. Her servant forbidden her to sleep, afraid she'll die from blood loss. The ride felt longer, like it was an eternity. Going down the same path, seeing the chaos over and over again.

(Y/N) feels like her sanity is slowly slipping, maybe it's just the blood making her see and think differently. Arriving later than the Lancer wanted, kicking the door down; seems like (Y/N) is paying for property damage.

But the door isn't the one bleeding, but it's in pieces on the floor. Placing her Master down, as gently as the servant can be. The damage the enemy conflicted was noticeable, (Y/N)'s once white button shirt. Drenched in her own blood.

A big rip rested on her lower stomach, were the blade had cut though layers of fabric and tissues of skin. Her chest raised up and down as her breathes came out as pants, and airy gasps.

Trying to keep her eyes on her servant. (Y/N) needs something to distract herself, but her servant's face made her more worried.

Artoria opened the kit with uneasiness, she tried her best to hide it. But her Master can read her face, she's worried, she's doubting, she's hesitating.

Artoria's afraid that her effects will be in vain, that whatever she's does, her Master will not survive this wound.

Once again, shaking her head to get the negative thoughts away just for a few minutes. Artoria opened the gauzes with shaking hands, hearing the crinkling of the plastic wrap.

(Y/N) watched from the couch, slowly dying. Another airy pant left her mouth, as she reached out to grab the gauzes from her servant's hands.

"Ha, it's strange seeing your hands shake..." (Y/N) let out a airy chuckle, that resulted in a cough coming after. Taking the now open gauzes back, Artoria started to patch her damaged Master up.

Not trying to rush but not taking her sweet time. Artoria slowly started to relax as the wound was cleaned and patched up.

The sweat that started to build up on Artoria's forehead, evaporated as she patched up the largest wound. (Y/N) had small bruises and cuts, but those can heal on their own.

The tension in the air died down, (Y/N)'s breathing falling back into rhythm. The cold air coming from the broken door, sending a shiver down the Master's spine.

"Thanks for breaking the door, guess I gotta bored the whole entrance up." Another chuckle left the Master's mouth, but it's wasn't airy and didn't cough after.

Artoria could feel her pale cheeks heat up, guess she'll have to fix the door too. "The 19th century is interesting, huh?" The question threw the King off, why ask about the recent era?

Clearing her throat, feeling that it was a little too dry. "Yes, it quite is. Different from my time, of course." (Y/N) laughed, shifting to get comfortable, which triggered the wound to send jolts it pain throughout her body.

Artoria reacted, moving herself closer to couch. Putting her hand above the wound, causing the Master to stop shuffle. "Yeah, yeah. Minimal movement, got it." (Y/N) just had to make do with laying on her back.

"I'm hungry. You know how to cook?" Artoria flinched at the question. Her Master was the one that always did the cooking, she wasn't rich nor poor. But lives a decent life, she has friends, people she dislikes.

Just an average person, with flaws and mistakes. Mistakes she can take responsibility for, flaws that she hopes she can surpass. She's not perfect, and she's okay with that.

Like (Y/N) always says. "There's always room for improvement!" That's her quote, even saying that to Masters she's fought. No one's a bad guy to her.

Everyone thinks what their doing is good, they do it for the people they care for. Everyone makes mistakes and that's okay, 'cause you learn from them.

Artoria smiled, now she knows why she loves her Master once again. She's not a flawless perfect person, she's perfect in her own way. Something Artoria strives to learn and become, to accept every part of you; even the parts you wish to throw away.

"No, but I hope you can teach me. Master."