{Artoria(Lancer) x fem reader}

Your P.O.V

"Get out of here you runt!" The bartender yelled, slapping my hand away. I soon after was kicked out of the cafe I was in, I sighed and leaned against a wall rethinking my choices. I'm eighteen, orphaned and doesn't have a job to make money.

I walked down the streets thinking on what to do for plan b. When I bumped into a man with long white hair, he wasn't that much taller than me but I looked up from the ground facing the young man I ran into. "Sorry" I said putting my hands up slightly as a defense, the young man I ran into chuckled.

"You seemed troubled? Would you like to have a drink with me? By the way, you bumping into me wasn't a big deal." I sighed at his word, but smiled at his question. "Sure, I'll like to have a drink with you." The man smiled at my answer making me follow after him.

"The names Merlin, yours?" Merlin asks, pulling me away from staring into my drink. "Ah! Sorry. I'm (Y/N), it's nice to meet you Merlin." I stick my hand out for a proper handshake which I get, "So what's been on your mind (Y/N)?" Merlin asks, leaning his head into his palm staring at me.

I sigh heavily, shrugging. "I don't know, I can't seem to get a job. And no one seems to want a kid like me." I answer staring at me drink, like it is the most interesting thing I've ever seen, Merlin chuckles again "I know a place that might hire you." I look up from my cup listening to Merlin closely.

"So there's this mansion in the woods, that hire servants and such to do some stuff. But people say that the owner of that mansion doesn't age, being a recantation of a dragon. People who have been hired to work in that mansion disappear without a word or trance, or so I've heard of from the local folks. But the people who walk out of that mansion with a lot of money, don't expose themselves to the world. Again, this was a suggestion but you should do this at your own risk."

I nod at Merlin's story about this mansion in the woods. Sounds dangerous, but I'll give a try to try and see if I can be hired to work in a mansion.

~~~~~~~~

I found the mansion far in the woods, I inhale then exhaled fixing my black long sleeve shirt. I walk up to the door step, and brought my hand up about to knock but stopped thinking about what I'm doing.

What if Merlin was right? This place is dangerous and people actually vanish without a word? All those thoughts ran though my head but I sucked it up and knocked on the two large doors.

I knocked once and didn't get an answer, I knocked a second time and got the same treatment. I wanted to be nice and knocked a third time, and to my luck I didn't get an answer, again.

I sighed and gave up pushing open the large doors. Why didn't I do that then knock three times? I walk into the large mansion making the doors close behind me, I looked around it was slightly dark but some candles were lit.

I cleared my throat and spoke loud. "Is this Sir Pendragon's mansion?" I spoke loud hearing my voice echo though the silence.

There, I saw a figure on the staircase. Walking down my direction, the person was hiding in the shadows. But once the person's face hit the candle lights, I was stunned and froze where I stood.

"Oh? Seems like someone cute came around..."