~1~

The first part it is! Do shower your love for that book, please :) The last chapter of the Fame Changed You is still under edition, I will probably update it in a few days:)

Days, weeks, months and finally years passed. Twelve years had passed since that ungrateful day during which she lost her mother. She was now a grown-up. A beautiful eighteen-year-old teen. From that day her relationship with her dad hadn't been much but formalities. He had remarried a couple of years after her mother's death. She didn't even bother to assist to the wedding and her step-mother was just a piece of furniture who talked -too much-.

Ofelia, her dear nanny was still living with them, to her father's dismay. She was not a nanny anymore, she had no real job in the house but Annika insisted since the house was big enough. Though Ofelia wasn't working, Shivaay, her son, was helping with gardening and some little chores here and there when he wasn't at school.

Annika was in her room talking with her sidekicks. Being the daughter of the industrialist Richard Davis, the richest man in India, she almost had all her school at her feet, she had many 'minions' but Tia and Ragini were the most 'important' ones.

"So Annika what's your plans to seduce Daksh? I've heard that Kaia is having some interest in him." Ragini said while painting her nails red.

"Kaia is just a nuisance. Daksh has already made his intentions clear that he just wants to shag her then throw her like a fucking tissue paper. Kaia is nothing in front of me. Moreover, I have sources and they said that she's actually interested in Shivaay." Annika replied nonchalantly.

"Shivaay? You mean that beggar who lives here?" Tia replied and Annika hummed.

"I don't know why your father doesn't throw them out of your house now, him and his useless mother!" Ragini spat.

"I won't tolerate you badmouthing Ofelia okay! She's been my nanny since I was a baby, I'm not ready to let go of her yet. This Shivaay is here only because he is her son, if he wasn't I would have thrown him out years ago, he's always annoying me! With all his fake kindness and whatsoever!" Annika laid back on her bed and checked on Daksh's Instagram account.

"Look at this Greek God!" She blushed and held the phone against her heart.

"Shivaay!" Ofelia called while standing outside in the garden. A man came to her, he was shirtless with beads of sweat on his torso.

"I'm here mom!" Shivaay answered and brushed a lock of her hair aside.

"Come have this juice darling." She answered and gave him a glass of juice. As he took it he saw Annika looking at them from the balcony and he turned away. He didn't want to stay in that house, with these rich egoistic people but his mother loved Annika so much, too much to let go of her. She listened to Annika when the latter asked Ofelia to stay. She had paid no heed to her own son who wanted to leave. It wasn't like he disliked Annika, no, that word wasn't part of Shivaay's dictionary. Shivaay had never hated people, not even his father who beat his mother. But Shivaay didn't like her character, what she had become while growing up. He couldn't believe his mother even when she was showing them their pictures as toddlers when Mrs. Davis was allowing them to play together. Mrs. Davis had never created a wall between her daughter and Shivaay because of the different societies they were born in. As much as she allowed Ofelia to take care of her daughter, she allowed Shivaay to play with Annika. But the equation changed when Mrs. Davis died. He became an employee just like his mother. He wanted to find something better for his mother and himself, a better life than what they had at the moment. Living like beggars in that house which wasn't theirs was irking him. He just knew that with what Mrs. Davis did which was settling both her daughter and Shivaay's future by paying their scholar fees from the beginning of their life, he could think of doing something else than working for the rich.

"Mom, I got a call from one of the enterprises I've applied in as a trainee. They said that I'll have to go there in a couple of days for an interview." Ofelia kissed him all over the face and hugged him.

"I'm so happy for you, cariño(sweetheart)." She always used to call him in sweet Spanish words when she was extremely happy.

As Shivaay was getting all these kisses from his mother, Annika's heart was burning in jealousy. Her hatred for that man resided in the fact that he was her nanny's biological son. He had nothing material but he had everything for he shared with Ofelia the relationship of her womb. He had everything in the name and in the love of his mother. And what about her? She was born with a silver spoon in her mouth. She could buy everything, yet she felt extremely empty. She had everyone at her feet but no one really close to her. Even her minions didn't know what was really inside her, who she really was. To them, she was just the daughter of the wealthiest man in India. Shivaay was only the son of a maid and he was happy. Her father was an industrialist, her late mother a well-known author and here she was living a hollow life.

"Annika! You won't believe what we just saw on Daksh's account!" Tia said from inside the room breaking the young woman's daydream.

"He's at a party downtown and he's literally humping Kaia on the dance floor," Ragini said. Annika looked at the screen and took deep breaths.

"No one and I mean no one can touch what is mine! She will see what I will do!"