~9~

Do kindly prepare your tissues :( This is probably a temporary chapter because I'm not sure whether the way it came out is good, I'll tell you later on if I'm keeping it or not.

Something inside him broke when he heard her. He hadn't figured out until then that he had fallen for her and hearing her admitting that all of this was a façade, that she was a façade, completely destroyed him.

"Wait, does it mean that all that time you were just faking it?" He stuttered. He just couldn't believe that the Annika he had seen lately was just a fake one.

"Sorry, not sorry Shivaay. To get my revenge I will be able to do anything." Annika said as she sat on a chair and began getting dressed.

"As I can see like father like daughter. Thank God for your mom's dead, I don't know how she would have managed to live to know that her daughter was a cheat." She was about to slap him but he stopped her hand midway. She released her hand from his grip and raised an accusative finger at him.

"How dare you speak about my mom, you moron?!"

"I dare everything! Speaking about mothers, be ready to lose mine! I don't know yet how we will manage, but something is sure you'll never get to poison my mom's life ever again! And as a matter of fact, I don't have to do anything to do with you, Annika Davis. To me, you could have died with your mom eleven years back in that damn accident! At least the earth would have been better with less arrogant people like you. I hate you and go to hell with your manners, your wealth and whatsoever. From now on, you're dead to me! And if ever you try to come near me or my mother, I will forget that once in the past we were friends, I will forget that you are a human being, you bitch!" Shivaay put his boxers on quickly and stormed out of the room.

A while later, Shivaay was the first one to get home, as soon as he got there, he ignored his mother's questions and locked himself in his room. He faced the mirror and was about to punch it when he just stopped at the last minute. Her words rang in his ears and he just wanted to kill and stab his traitor of a heart that didn't find a better person to fall in love with if it wasn't the devil itself.

"You will pay for everything Davis. You played me? Fair enough, but never forget that what goes around comes around. Shivaay saw the reflection of his desk in the mirror and he walked to it. He took a photo frame that was hidden behind the screen of his computer before letting it fall and stepping on it. It was a picture of Annika when she was six. This photograph was taken on her sixth birthday, a few weeks before her mother's death, when her heart was still pure and her smile still genuine.

Then, Shivaay proceeded to put his clothes in a bag along with his dear belongings. He didn't know if he would make it but he was definitely ready to live on the streets if that would take him far from Davis. When he was done, he joined his mother who was in the hall.

"Shivaay? What are you doing? What is this bag?"

"We're leaving this house mom." At that same moment, as if on cue, Annika entered her house and stood behind Ofelia.

"You know very well that we cannot go like that, I cannot let Annika on her own." Ofelia sobbed.

"Annika! Annika! Annika! Why the hell does everything have to do with that spoiled brat?"

"Shivaay! Don't you dare to badmouth her!"

"Why should I not do so, hum? I'm the beggar, am I not Miss Davis? I will never be worthy, I will never match your standards, I'm a nobody in your life made of gold. Tell me, why cannot I badmouth you? Despite your wealth, you have blood, just like me, running in your veins!"

"Shivaay? Why are you so rude?" Ofelia asked, trying to understand her son.

"You told me that I needed to open my heart for this woman, but you know what? She's only a god damn cheater! She's a traitor who should have died just like her mother." As soon as he finished his sentence, Shivaay couldn't believe his mind as his mother who has always loved him, who has always opened her arms out of love for him, that same mother who was for him a deity, has slapped her own son for that Annika Davis.

"Vaah! I guess you got what you wanted Davis! You got my mother too! But you shall not forget that one day you'll pay for whatever you did to me!" Shivaay said and was about to leave when Ofelia stopped him by holding his arm tightly. She cried on his shoulder, begging him to stay.

"You're not ready to let her go for your son, and I wouldn't spend a day more in this damned house. Hasta Siempre Ofelia Gomez, (I bid you farewell Ofelia Gomez)" He could have shattered and cried at that time but he didn't, he just moved from that house, that house which only brought pain to his life. That same house which kept his mother hostage, but he vowed that somehow, he will get his mother back. No one and that too Annika Davis would be able to cut the special ties formed between a son and his mother.