~27~

Guests were coming in, ready to celebrate with the host her new life. Annika was wearing a lilac gown

 Annika was wearing a lilac gown

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

 with gray heels. 

Her hair was tied in a messy bun with dark locks cascading around her face, she had put light makeup on, and looked stunning

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Her hair was tied in a messy bun with dark locks cascading around her face, she had put light makeup on, and looked stunning. Shivaay had chosen to wear a gray tuxedo with a lilac bow-tie to match his damsel. 

The gray color enhanced the color of his eyes leaving his wife all bothered by his dashing look

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

The gray color enhanced the color of his eyes leaving his wife all bothered by his dashing look.

Bhavya, Gauri, Rudra, and Omkara had also come to the party, being invited by Annika herself the night prior, and Ofelia had also been welcome to participate and enjoy the party as she wasn't an employee after all. Many businessmen attended the party with a chance to discuss partnerships with Annika, so Ayaan wouldn't leave Shivaay and Annika's side, wishing to advise his niece the best he could.

"Shivaay I think it's time to announce the new name of the enterprise," Annika said in his ear and he nodded. They walked to the stage and Annika took a mic.

"Your attention please!" Annika said in the mic. All stares focused on her and she smiled with some twinkles in her eyes on remembering her choice for the name.

"I would like to introduce you to the new face of our firm, 'Shivika corporation'." Annika took the remote given to her by one of her employees and dimmed the light. A white screen slid down behind her to let appear the new logo, two hands holding a heart, and Shivika written next to it.

"Miss Davis, why did you decide all of sudden to change the name of your business?" A journalist asked

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Miss Davis, why did you decide all of sudden to change the name of your business?" A journalist asked.

"I wanted something more intimate to represent our firm. Something dear to my heart and not just a name. Anyone can be a Davis but nobody can be Shivika." Annika replied.

"And what's hidden behind Shivika?" Another journalist asked.

"When she was alive, my mother used to tell me that love was created in heaven and that people in love were similar to angels because they were the most loved by God. Shivika is the name of my love, Shivika is the name of my lifeline. Shivika is my name combined with my husband's, Shivaay Singh Oberoi." Annika said leaving the room but mostly Shivaay completely shocked. For the people around, they were shocked for not knowing that the great Annika Davis was married but for Shivaay it was her love confession that shocked him. Was she pretending in front of the cameras, or was it all genuine? He looked at her eyes and was surprised to see her looking back at him with love! Annika Davis was in love with him! How come?

"Miss Davis you got married in secret?!" A journalist who was probably in shock said.

"The most beautiful things are better kept in secret," Annika simply said. "Just to add more to your surprise and because I don't like journalists invading my privacy and shouting it all over the rooftops, Shivaay and I are expecting." Annika smiled and let the mic. She walked down the stage and walked to Shivaay who was still surprised.

"Shut your mouth a fly may come in!" She smiled at him and he just closed his mouth.

"Do you love me?" Shivaay asked. Annika was about to answer when a businessman came to her to talk about a possible merger.

"How are you feeling Annie?" Shivaay asked after the fourth business tycoon walked away from them.

"I feel like my head is going to explode!" She chuckled but her smile disappeared as she looked behind Shivaay. There stood Ragini, Tia, and their father, Mr Shekawat who were making their entries in her house. As soon as the two ladies spotted their friends, they walked to her with big smiles splattered on their faces while Annika was looking embarrassed. She didn't want them to come and insult Shivaay.

"Annie! Long time no see!" Ragini squealed hugging Annika. Tia hugged her too while Shivaay just stood aside. While Gauri, Rudra and Bhavya enjoyed the party, Om was looking at the exchange between Annika and her friends.

"Shivaay, maybe you can make yourself useful and grab me a drink, will you?" Tia said to Shivaay. "I don't understand why you accepted him here Annika... And you're both having matching outfits!" She added.

"Maybe because he's not an employee Tia." Annika simply said.

"Good joke Annie!" Ragini said while Shivaay lowered his head. Annika looked at him with guilt written all over her face.

"Don't talk to my love like that girls, or I'll have you escorted out of our house." Annika approached Shivaay put his chin up and had an eye lock with him before diving in for a chaste lip lock. "Never be ashamed, my love," she smiled and hugged him leaving Ragini and Tia flabbergasted while Om finally realized that the Devil has become an Angel.

Later that night, after everyone left, Shivaay was finally able to have his wife for himself. They were both sitting in the garden looking at the stars.

"Were you serious? When you spoke about the name of the business and... when you said that you love me..." Shivaay stuttered.

"Why wouldn't I be Shivaay. I love you. I was too blinded by my pride and my ego and other bullshit like that to notice how amazing you are. I've never been so happy until I realized how much I love you... My love... it suits you so right!" Annika said with twinkles in her eyes. Yes her feelings were genuine.

"I've been waiting for that day since the night we shared together. I love you too Annika. My life cannot be more completed with you by my side." Shivaay rested his hand on her cheek and kissed her. Their tongues danced slowly against each other while the stars witnessed their love.

"Let's go to our room..." She whispered against his lips. They both got up and went to their room, which was still decorated with her mom's taste. They slowly undressed each other, remembering each other's bodies through their kisses. That night witnessed the blossoming of their love.

I will update the epilogue in a few days. And I will also start updating my next story Angel of Darkness tomorrow inshallah, as a birthday present to myself XD. Do share your thoughts regarding this story or anything else. It was a pleasure writing it! See you around with Angel of Darkness :)