~21~

After a tiring day at work, Shivaay went to pick Annika up at her workplace. He was satisfied to see that employees were treating her with the respect she deserved as their boss. This morning's talk had allowed him to see the young lady without the hatred he felt for her because of her harsh words. Actually, he was seeing her like his mother wanted him to see her. He wasn't seeing Annika the rich brat, he was seeing Annika the broken girl. The one who grew up with everything but love...

"Are you ready to take the blood test?" Shivaay asked and she hummed. To be honest, Annika wasn't very talkative since their morning talk. Ofelia was tense for her baby girl. The more days they spent together, the more she was pushing everyone around her away. But actually Shivaay wasn't in any way letting her go. Their talk that morning made him realize that he still loved her... if she was ready for such revelation was something he didn't know about and he wouldn't rush her. Rushing her into something she wasn't used to would only take her away from it.

"I almost forgot to tell you, I'm holding a reception in two days to introduce myself as the owner of my mom's business. In this same aspect, I'll also give the new name of the corporation." Annika said as they were in the car.

"What happened to Davis Corporation? I mean you're a Davis as well." He enquired.

"Well technically, I'm an Oberoi now. But here is not the problem. The corporation was my mom's. I don't want people to forget that." Annika said.

'Annika Shivaay Singh Oberoi... It sounds so good!" Shivaay thought and smiled.

"May I know what's so funny?" Annika asked.

"Ahanika Corporation. I smiled because I thought about that name, Annika. That's to show that no matter where you are, your mom will always be with you." Shivaay said and she smiled.

"Thank you..."

"For what?"

"For your kind words. I never thought that one day I would need this kind of words from you.." Shivaay had a thought for a while and decided to listen to it. He held her hand and gave it a squeeze. Her palm was warm and soft. It seemed delicate in his rough hand and he felt lucky to hold it. Annika was so alien to the touch that she didn't react right away. She felt soothed by his touch. She squeezed his hand back before removing her hand from the protecting grip of Shivaay's hand.

"We reached..." Annika stuttered and left the car as soon as he stopped the engine. She waited for him and both walked inside the building. She didn't say it but she was actually scared of needles. He saw her face become pale as soon as she saw the needle. She tried to be strong and closed her eyes. But again she felt his soothing hand holding hers and relaxed. She focused on the pulse she could feel against her palm, his pulse. She didn't even notice when the syringe entered her arm.

"It's all right Mrs. Oberoi. You might thank your hubby for keeping you company in this hardship." The nurse smiled and Annika too let a small smile directed towards Shivaay who grinned in return.

"The results will be ready for tomorrow morning. We'll send them to your doctor who'll call you afterwards to tell you about them." After being done with the formalities, they went back home only to come face to face with a man who was waiting in the hall.

"You, here?" Annika shouted and ran to the man who hugged her as if his life depended on it.

"How is my baby doll?" The man asked and Annika chuckled.

"I told you not to call me that but I'm fine. What about you? Mr. Six pack..."

"I'm all good. You must see my sick pack now! I never saw abs that much defined!" Shivaay gritted his teeth and walked to the man.

"Hello, I never met you before... I'm Shivaay, Annika's husband." Shivaay extended his hand and the man grinned like a Cheshire cat.

"Shivaay like the Shivaay Singh Oberoi?" Shivaay furrowed his brows but nodded hesitantly.

"I can't believe that it's you! You're a grown-up now. I always told Di that you two will be a perfect match. You were only a few years old and I could already feel the love between you two."

"Stop speaking nonsense Ayaan Uncle." Annika reprimanded Ayaan. But she couldn't hide the red hue on her cheeks.

"Wait, how come the media didn't say anything about your marriage?" Ayaan wriggled his brows and Shivaay looked at Annika intensely. He had forced her to get married. Until this morning he hadn't realized that he had basically rubbed salt on her wounds. He treated her like trash just like her father. He put her in a relation she didn't want and he wanted to take the children away and leave her like her late mother. He was her torturer just like she was his. But as the saying goes, you can never be hurt by someone you don't love.

"We didn't want to get the media involved." Annika exclaimed.

"And what about your family then?" Ayaan persisted.

"This decision came out of the blue. Well technically no. We learned that I am expecting. Shivaay and I married on a haste..."

"Because I didn't want the society to badmouth her or our children." Shivaay continued and she looked at him. He was already looking at her and they had an eye-lock.

"And was it also because of love?" Ayaan smirked.

"Yes.." Both whispered in a daze, with their eyes still focused on each other.