~2~

I know some of you are waiting for the final chapter of The Fame Changed You, I couldn't write anything this week so I'm sorry it won't be up for the moment, I'll try to write it down tomorrow though

Shivaay showered after his tiring day and sat in the kitchen to do his homework. He was suddenly interrupted by the 'princess' of the house, Annika who came there to take something from the fridge.

"What are you still doing here at that time," Annika asked while sitting down next to him.

"Can't you see? I'm studying." He replied sternly. He answered her like that because he wanted her as far away from him as possible. But she raised her hands as if to surrender.

"You don't need to be that harsh you know?" She said drinking the glass of milk she had come to take.

"Let's be honest, we can never have a normal discussion, so why are you trying? Leave me alone and let me study in peace." She got up and leaned towards him.

"Mind your tone with me, Oberoi. Remember where you're living right now, you're under my roof so I expect another tone from you!" She spat and he rolled his eyes.

"Listen to me Davis, I don't care about you okay? I am here only because you want my mother to stay by your side, I can leave if I want to even if that means living on the streets but I won't give you the satisfaction to have my mother all by yourself. She's my mother! So you better not mess with me. I know very well that I stay under your roof but you shouldn't have asked my mother to stay if you despised me that much!" Shivaay gathered his stuff and walked away from there, leaving Annika alone. He passed by Ofelia's room and knocked at the door.

"Mom, can I come in?"

"Sure," He heard her and opened the door. She was laying on her bed, reading Don Quijote from Miguel De Cervantes. She had always loved that book, it was the tale of a crazy man for others but for her, this text represented an ideal. To her, the author wanted to convey the idea that one shouldn't give up on his dreams even though they seem stupid to others. Ofelia held her son's cheek and signed him to speak with a nod.

"Mom, why don't you want us to leave this place? She's an adult now, she doesn't need your care." He said and she just smiled knowingly.

"Dear, you know very well she has no one..."

"That's where you're mistaken, she has money, a dad, a mother-in-law.... She has everything."

"Tell me Shivaay, did you try to look at her from a different angle?" Ofelia inquired.

"From which angle? Her life is a perfect sphere. A perfect sphere of perfection."

"You still have to try. Annika may be having money, a dad and a mother-in-law but her life and heart are emptier than yours. The day you'll see and understand that matter, you will see the real Annika. Now go to sleep. It's already past 10 and you have school tomorrow." Ofelia said and kissed her son's forehead. Shivaay left to his room without noticing the small figure in the shadows. As soon as he was out of sight, the small figure came into light and knocked at Ofelia's door.

"Come in." The person entered the room and closed the door.

"What are you doing here at such an hour?"

"I can't sleep, Nanny." Ofelia put her reading glasses on the bedside table and got out of her bed. She walked to the person and kissed her cheek.

"You're so precious my sweet 'Ana'." Annika hugged her and both went to Annika's room. Ofelia sat on Annika's bed while the latter laid on her bed, resting her head on Ofelia's lap. Ofelia was stroking the teenager's hair while the sweet tune A La Nanita Nana echoed in the room. Ofelia's eyes brimmed with tears. She remembered that time when Annika's mother, Ahana Davis had a heart to heart talk with her.

Flashback.

Ahana was holding a sobbing Ofelia by her shoulders while the latter was holding her one-year-old son in her arms.

"Doña (Madam), you shouldn't have taken me here, what if my husband comes and hurts you? Your spouse isn't here, how can we be safe alone?"

"No more protests. Take a seat, I'm going to fetch the first aid kit. You stay here, please keep an eye on Annika, crawling babies are so wild nowadays!" Ofelia tried to smile but her swollen lip was paining too much.

He hadn't been gentle that time. She passed her tongue through the hole where her tooth used to be. Her body ached but at least her son was safe. She had used her own body to protect her son from that beast she used to call her love. She looked down at the baby girl who was sucking on her toe and her eyes filled up with fresh tears.

"No, don't cry, with all the hits you received, you'll have a headache. It's okay now you're all fine." Ahana handed to Ofelia a glass of water which the woman gulped in one trait. Ahana then took care of Ofelia's wounds.

"You know I was looking for a nanny, you can be Annika's nanny, you'll stay here with us and I'll take care of your son's education," Ahana said.

"No Doña, you're so nice but I can't put your life in danger by staying here."

"To be honest with you Ofelia, whether you're here or not, I cannot be sure to be alive tomorrow. Ashton Davis, my husband is obsessed with the idea of having a male heir. He had done nothing to us yet but I believe that when he'll know about my sterility which occurred shortly after Annika's birth, I think that he'll harm me."

"How can that man hurt such a beautiful soul like you?"

"I can wonder the same in your case but that's why I want you to take care of my Annika. I want you to raise her along with Shivaay... so that if the day of my death comes earlier than expected, my baby will never feel alone. In exchange, I'll assure your son's future too." Ahana said and Ofelia closed her eyes to hide her tears from Ahana. Like her mother-in-law said while talking about her, it was their phooti kismat, their -bad luck- which gave them such disrespectful men as husbands.