~26~

The morning sun seemed to be brighter than usual, birds seemed to be happier, squirrels were blissfully climbing up trees, looking for chestnuts. Everything seemed to be happier through Annika's eyes. She was sitting on a bench admiring the beauty of nature. She had never noticed how beautiful her garden was. She closed her eyes and let the morning breeze sweep her face.

"Dhadhak...dhadhak...Shivaay...Shivaay..." She could feel her heart beat. 'Was it what you were trying to tell me all that time?' She questioned her heart internally. 'It's so beautiful to be in love...' She trailed off with a smile on her face.

"Annika?! I finally found you! You woke up early today!" Shivaay said. He walked to her and sat next to her.

"I wanted to see the sunrise today, I wanted to feel its first rays warm my skin, I wanted to be the first one to hear the birds sing, I wanted to feel the morning dew on my naked feet... Have you already done that?" She asked and Shivaay moved his head from side to side indicating a no.

"You shall do it, it's refreshing." She smiled and he smiled seeing her smile.

"Maybe you can wake me up next time you want to do it." He chuckled. Annika just smiled and leaned on his shoulder as the sun rose slowly.

It was seven-thirty when Annika and Shivaay went back inside the mansion to have breakfast and get ready to leave for work. They had taken the afternoon off to go shopping for the party that night. That morning, Ayaan left with Annika while Shivaay left with Carrie but Shivaay and Annika had planned to go together to the mall afterward so he was to pick her up at noon. They would go have lunch before going shopping.

"You seem to be amazingly happy with Shivaay... What happened between you two?" Ayaan asked Annika while they were on their way to the office.

"What do you mean uncle?" Annika furrowed her brows.

"Ofelia had told me everything that happened between you two Annie. No need to hide your problems from me." Ayaan crooked an eyebrow while Annika made a face. Ofelia was sometimes talking too much. And to be honest, what was happening between her and Shivaay was none of their business.

"There is no need to talk when there is no problem Ayaan. Honestly, you shall not step on it. It's Shivaay and I's marital life. I will kindly appreciate it if you stay away from it." Annika said and Ayaan hummed.

"Sorry if I seemed to be curious about your life. I just care for your well being." Ayaan whispered, obviously hurt by her words.

"It's just that we're learning to discover each other and we're still trying to adapt to each other. I don't want any intervention in our lives for the moment. What we have with Shivaay is still difficult to describe. I don't even know how to name it yet. I don't want people to interfere and mess things up. But just to let you know, I'm happy with Shivaay, and I think he's happy with me too." Annika smiled absentmindedly.

※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※

"It looks like Annika and you are on good terms now," Carrie said, trying to start a conversation with Shivaay.

"Yes, it's wonderful. I've never been so happy to be with her!" Shivaay blushed. "I used to hate her like... I cannot even find something to compare my hate with... And now... I am happily in love with her."

"This love cannot have grown in just a few days Shivaay. I'm sure you loved her way before whatever happened between you two. You were just too blind to see." Carrie smiled at her friend who seemed completely love-struck.

"Neil told me how much your story was complicated and I'm happy that now everything is falling into place, you both deserve happiness," Carrie said and Shivaay smiled.

※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※

The couple met for lunch. Actually, Shivaay went to pick her up at her workplace.

"Ayaan is such a pain in the ass!" Annika groaned as soon as she sat in the car. "I don't know what has gotten into him. He's supposed to HELP me, not make my work a living hell!" Annika groaned while rolling her eyes.

"What did Ayaan sir made you do?" Shivaay asked.

"He made me go through the business' bank accounts, through all the files related to transactions, the wages of the employees, and whatsoever to check for any error or something like that. He even didn't let me go for a break, like what the heck! You know how bad I suck in maths!" Annika complained and Shivaay chuckled.

"Ayaan sir is right to make you do that. As the new CEO, you have to make sure that your business is legal and fair. Because if there is an issue with some stuff like that, the police may be involved." Shivaay explained and she just sighed before furrowing her brows.

"Why are you calling him sir?" She wondered.

"Well, he's... your mom's brother..."

"And my mom is also yours since you're my husband. There is no need for such formalities Shivaay. We created this relation of husband and wife, you're my equal and I'm equal to you. You don't have to call family members sir or madam or any stuff like that. You're not a stranger anyway." Annika said and squeezed his hand. To her surprise, he raised her hand and brushed his lips against it, making her blush. It was good to be in love.