~20~

“I’ll have them by hook or by crook Annika.” Shivaay calmly said.
“I can’t believe you. How can you be so cruel? They're my children as well Shivaay. How can you be so heartless?? If you want us to fight over the children then let's do this! But make sure that I die while giving birth Shivaay because I’m not letting you take them away from me.”
“You don’t understand. You want to be in their lives and I want to. There’s nothing else we can do but split the custody.” Annika hummed wondering why she was sad when he didn’t suggest them to remain married.
“Yes you’re right. Splitting the custody is the only thing we have to do since you’re getting married to Carrie.” Shivaay hummed in answer. He would have wanted to see her fight against him like always. But in that context, it was impossible to see Annika Davis fight to be with him.
“Since we’re out there, do you want some pastry?” Shivaay asked and Annika’s mouth watered instantly.
“Yeah… I want chocolate croissant… oh no cinnamon rolls… or strawberry cream pie…”
“Easy tiger! You’ll decide when we reach the shop.” Shivaay said and carried on walking not noticing that Annika wasn’t following. When he noticed that, he turned around and sighed.
“Why did you stop?” He shouted at her.
“I want a piggy back ride !” She shouted back and smiled sheepishly. Shivaay surprisingly smiled back at her and walked towards her. He turned around and bent a knee. Annika smiled and got on his back. Just like that they went to the bakery.
“Annika?” Shivaay called her as they were nearing the bakery. “Is the doctor sure that we're having twins?”
“Oh shoot I almost forgot! I’ll have to take a blood test because even though we heard more than one heartbeat we could only see one baby.”
“Is it normal?” Shivaay asked as he stopped to let her get down.
“He said that it can imply that we’re having identical twins.” She removed her sweater and he gulped with difficulty on seeing her only with her sports bra and shorts. Her belly was a bit rounder than before. Annika was the epitome of beauty, he owed her that. She was sinfully beautiful and he secretly wished that their children will have her natural beauty.

“Do I have something on my face?” Annika asked furrowing her eyebrows.
“No..” Shivaay said and she smirked.
“Then stop checking me out please.” She giggled, punched his shoulder lightly before making her way in the bakery. Shivaay lightly stroked the back of his head before making his way inside as well. He saw her looking at the different delicacies with delight and couldn’t help but smile at her cuteness. It was not very often that he could see her be so innocent. To be honest the last time he saw humanity in her… not the kind of humanity that made her decide against abortion, but the kind of humanity that was genuine, the kind of humanity that was spontaneous and the last time he saw that was the last time she was with Ahana Davis. As this thought came into his mind, something struck him but again, she diverted his chain of thoughts.
“And what do you think of this?” Annika pointed macarons but Shivaay had something else in mind.

“Maybe we can take this special cheesecake instead…” He said and her eyes darkened almost simultaneously

“No I prefer macarons

“No I prefer macarons.” She muttered and he bought both the macarons and the cheesecake despite her protests.
“Why don’t you never listen?” She asked with tears clearly visible in her eyes as soon as they left the shop.
“Isn’t cheesecake your favourite pastry?”
“NO!!... Yes… but…”
“You didn’t have it since Ahana died, right?”
“No. It was my special treat. Whenever Mr Davis would shout on me she would take me out and make me have it. Her eyes would twinkle while watching me having the cheesecake. And then she would say ‘A good pastry always take your pain away.’” Annika’s eyes filled with tears and Shivaay put a hand on her back as a reassuring gesture.
“You miss her right?” He asked before mentally slapping himself. What a silly question.
“Missing her? No I don’t. I’m craving for her. Shivaay there is nothing more powerful and painful than a connection between a mother and her child. You buying this cheesecake is a reminder that this connection… or better said, this lack of connection is still painful to me.”

I know that it's short but I did it on purpose😉 keep commenting and voting