~14~

Shivaay had gone to his former room after a while. He found the room as he had left it when he was gone.
He laid on his bare bed and looked at the ceiling.
"How the hell will I be able to look after a baby with you by my side when the pain is still burning my heart?" Shivaay wondered out loud.
" Maybe you can try and look at her with love instead!" Someone answered and as he looked towards the door, he saw none other but Ofelia.
"What are you doing here?" Shivaay asked, sitting on his bed.
"I wanted to check on my son."
"Oh you finally remembered that I exist." Shivaay replied sarcastically.
"Don't be that tough with me Shivaay. You know I... "
"Don't be tough?! Are you fucking kidding me?! Do you realize how much it hurts? I was suffering, I needed you and you weren't there. I needed my mom and you decided to be her nanny. You chose her over me. You chose this bloody cunt over your own blood mom. And now you're asking me to understand you and to forget everything? There's no way I can do that." Ofelia nodded and didn't answer yet.
"There's something you don't understand. The reason why I stood by Annika instead of you..."
"You didn't even ask yourself the reason why I left..."
"You both think that I don't know what happened between you both but I know and now the consequences will be here in approximately seven months. I know that Annika insulted you after you had sex. I heard her talk with one of her friends. I'm not trying to protect her and I'm not saying that she was right. I know how strong you are, I know you're hurt and I know that you can stand of your own, because I raised you. That's why I didn't stand by your side Shivaay. Had I stood by your side who would have stood with Annika? It's sad to say but this girl is a wreck. And I took it upon myself to be her guardian no matter what." Ofelia sobbed.
"I don't care Mrs Gomez! You made your choice, I don't care about the reasons. Leave my room now."
"Once you'll start seeing Annika with your heart, you'll understand my reasons... And maybe, somehow, you'll see above your hatred.." Ofelia left the room and Shivaay leaned against the door.
Why was she taken as a victim? Why was his mother so adamant to protect someone that egoistic? Shivaay wanted to ponder on this question but he had a few stuff to do.

A few days later.

Ashton and his wife had left the house without making a fuss. After all, he had no right on that house. It was during that same day that Shivaay called Annika and Ofelia in the hall of the mansion.
"Shiv, what's going on?" Ofelia asked.
"Well, I wanted to talk to you about something very important, Mrs Gomez, Davis, meet Carrie." Shivaay said, and a beautiful woman walked in. She was blonde, with greenish eyes. Her body was slim and curvy. She was a goddess.

(Saoirse Ronan as Carrie

"Who's this? " Annika asked, a feeling of insecurity holding her heart.
"Carrie is your caretaker from now on. She'll check on you that you don't do anything to harm my baby. And especially now."
"Why now?" Ofelia asked.
"Well, Annika got her house, and she's just a surrogate mother... Before you start shouting Mrs Gomez, ask her what she wanted to do... No let me tell you myself. Annika wants an abortion and I want this baby. Again, I know that's wrong doing this, forcing her to get the baby, but you see, I want someone to call my own. Also, Carrie and I are eager to start our little family with the baby. I would have liked to keep chatting with you but I have a meeting."
"Wait Shivaay! I'm your wife! How can you be with Carrie?" Annika asked.
"Oh I don't care about you Davis, I just want my baby. Our marriage will end as soon as my baby is born. I prefer to have Carrie as a wife, she's already so devoted to me and she's ready to accept my child as hers, what a perfection..." Shivaay kissed Carrie's temple and left with a smirk plastered on his face.

"Ms Davis, Shivaay said that you were approximately two months pregnant? Is this correct?" Carrie asked after Shivaay was gone.
"Cut the crap, how much did my son pay you to act as her girlfriend and everything?" Ofelia asked.
"He paid me with love Ms Gomez." Carrie stated.
"So Ms Davis..."
"Mrs Oberoi. I'm his wife Carrie. Do not forget it." Annika answered with such anger that it surprised her. How come she was possessive already? She didn't care for Shivaay, so what was it??? Annika breathed deeply before speaking again.
"I'm basically two months pregnant." Annika answered.
"We'll check on your diet then in a few days you'll get your first ultrasound. But first, where can I leave my stuff? I mean since I'll be staying here, I need a room right?"
"I'll show her." Ofelia said and left with Carrie, leaving Annika alone in the hall. The pregnant woman looked at her mother's portrait hanging on the wall and felt some tears filling up her eyes.
"I hate you! How dared you die leaving me alone in this world? I hate you Ahana!"