~25~

Thank you @sanaliaqat95 for your kind words, thank you for cheering me up! Here you go for the next update. There are two more chapters to go and then the epilogue before the end of the story. I almost wrapped everything up.

After Gauri, Om, Rudra, and Bhavya left, only Neil, Carrie, Shivaay, and Annika remained in the living room. Ayaan and Ofelia had gone to sleep for being too tired.

"I think it's time to let Annika know, Shivaay..." Neil said while staring at both Carrie and Shivaay.

"What shall I know? Are you planning to prepone your wedding? If this is the case don't worry, I'll arrange a meeting with my lawyer. I hope we'll get divorced in a few weeks so that you'll be all free to marry Carrie." Annika softly said. She unconsciously rubbed her baby bump, the only people she could call hers with full confidence were in her tummy.

"I have to stop you right there I never say anything about Carrie and Shivaay," Neil said and hesitantly put a hand over Annika's shoulder, squeezing it softly. "You've been through so much at such a young age. It will be very hard to make you understand that some people came into your life to stay." Neil smiled at Shivaay. "Anyway, I am letting Shivaay talk for this one. Come on Shiv, tell Annika the truth." Neil said still holding onto Annika's shoulder.

"Well, Carrie and I... Carrie and I....uh...we...uh..." Shivaay stuttered, he was not able to admit that he lied to her.

"We're not together." Carrie finished. "We have never been together and we will never be. I am Neil's fiancee." Carrie admitted. Annika's face held a lot of feelings as her mind processed on what she was just told. Her face showed surprise, then realization, a tinge of pain, anger, and probably sadness due to her tears.

"You mean that you played with me?" Annika pointed an accusing finger at Shivaay. "How can you... How could you? Do you know what it feels like to be the wife with no rights? Can you only think of the pain I felt knowing that I would have the same fate as my mom? Being with a man who doesn't love me. How could you Shivaay... how could you?" Annika at this moment was hitting on his chest but he managed to hold her hands behind her back and wrapped his arms around her frail body. He decided to let her cry for a while. He signed Carrie and Neil to leave through his eyes and when they left he decided to let Annika free from his embrace. Last time he had told her that she wouldn't understand matters of love. He was definitely mistaken. Even though she didn't want their wedding, Annika cherished every relationship she had including theirs. That was how she was. In the end, he was the one who didn't understand love.

"When our paths crossed again, I hated you for badmouthing me, Annika. To be honest Annika, that morning I felt cheated. You could have slept with another man, the pain wouldn't have been anything compared to what I felt that morning after we had sex. You made me feel as if I was a little piece of shit. You made me feel as if I would never be worthy of anything because I don't have anything. You made me feel as if for the rest of my life I would be known as Shivaay the beggar." Shivaay wiped some tears from his own face. "You don't know how hard it is that during all my life I lived in your shadow. My education, I owe it to your mother, this roof above my head, I owe it to your family. My whole life I owe it to you and your family. When we met again, I wanted to show you that I was worth something. That's why I introduced Carrie as my girlfriend. I wanted to show you that I could have a life without you in it." Annika held his cheek and put her forehead against his. Both were sobbing uncontrollably.

"Forgive me Shivaay for all the pain I put you through." She stuttered. "I guess I wanted someone on whom I could lash out the anger I had kept inside me. But I regret everything Shivaay, I regret making you feel less in your value. You deserve everything right." Annika sniffed. Shivaay hugged her tightly;

"I forgive you." He said in her ear and she suddenly felt as if she had lost a good burden from her shoulders.

"We shall go to sleep now. You're pregnant, you need to take it easy." Shivaay said and she nodded. They wiped their face and walked to their rooms. They arrived near Annika's room and Shivaay was about to wish her goodnight before going to his room when she looked at him with an odd emotion in her eyes.

"Stay the night." She whispered. She took his hand in hers and both went inside her room. Shivaay removed his shirt and pants, remaining in his boxers while she went to her bathroom to put her nightie on. It was only when he saw her in her pj's that he was able to really notice the changes the pregnancy was doing to her body. Her belly was a bit rounder and her tank top wasn't covering it all anymore.

"Did you go to pregnancy shopping?" He asked and she moved her head side to side indicating that she didn't.

"What about we do that tomorrow? You'll be able to buy a dress for the party as well." Shivaay said and she smiled.

"Alright... by the way, speaking about maternity and stuff, I forgot to give you your birthday present." Annika softly said. She put his hand on her tummy and smiled while looking at him.

"We're having twins Shivaay. It's official."