~15~

"Shivaay?" Mr Reddy said, entering in Shivaay's office.
"Yes Neil?"
"Shivaay I've looked onto Sahil's resume to hire him and I couldn't be grateful enough to you for finding this precious pearl." Shivaay smiled as he remembered how a week or so after he had met Sahil at night, Sahil had called him. Shivaay didn't straight away talked to Mr Reddy about Sahil but he helped the man and his sister the best he could. Now that there was a job offer in the enterprise he pushed Sahil into applying for the offer.
"That's great for him Neil. I'm so happy that you consider hiring him." Shivaay smiled.
"I cannot understand why people wouldn't hire him though."
"It's because he needed a certain flexibility in his hours to take care of his sister. She's disabled and only has her brother to take care of her." Shivaay informed Neil.
"That's sad to know, I'll ask Carrie if she can find a time to take care for her while Sahil works...  Speaking of that, how did your wife react on seeing Carrie?" Neil asked chuckling. Despite his love for Annika who he loved as a daughter, when Shivaay explained to him the situation two months back, he couldn't help but feel angry. He was angry toward Annika for being so cheap but he was also angry towards himself and everyone related to this girl who let her lose herself and become a cheap manipulative woman.
"Oh I could smell the smoke coming out of her ears, literally. I don't think that Carrie would be available to take care of Sahil's sister for the moment. I'm scared Annika can do something against the baby..." Shivaay trailed off.
"Come on Shivaay? Do you really believe that she can harm an Innocent soul?" Neil enquired.
"Knowing Annika, I know that she can do anything just to hurt me."

Annika was preparing some snacks in the kitchen since she was hungry. She craved for fruits and especially papaya so she decided to make a fruit salad. As she was halfway through, Carrie joined her.
"What are you doing?" Carrie asked.
"As you can see, I'm making myself something to eat." Annika replied sarcastically.
"Fruits? Great. What fruit did you take?"
"Pineapple, strawberry, papaya, banana, grapes, pears, apples..."
"You shall not eat papaya. It can cause a miscarriage." Carrie said and left the kitchen leaving Annika on her own.
Annika looked at the papaya in the plate and wondered whether she should eat it or not. She didn't want the baby, Shivaay wanted it.
"I'm only a surrogate mother he said..." She took a morsel of papaya, looked at it and after a while, she threw all the papaya in the trash can. She could have eaten tons of it, miscarry and forget everything about Shivaay and this baby but something stopped her from doing so. Something similar to the urge to slap Carrie every time she saw her. Annika was lost in her feelings and couldn't understand why they were so contradictory. After spending a few minutes thinking about her contradictory feelings,the young lady just put these thoughts at the back of her mind and carried on preparing her food, keeping in mind that papaya was now forbidden.