~13~

Annika's pov.
I wasn't expecting this at all. His outburst, his decision,.. Why me? Why did he want things to go that far between us? If someone had told me a few months ago that I would be sitting next to you at that moment... If someone had told me that I would be marrying you, oh dear me, I wouldn't have believed him because we weren't made to be Shivaay. Why can't you understand? Why can't you see the reason why I rejected you?! Why??
"Annika!" I heard you  shout and I turned my head sideways to look at you but you had already stood up. Your eyes didn't even spare a glance at me but I had understood that you might be hating me. After all, I had asked for it. I got up reluctantly because I didn't want to get married this way, and, crying silently, I participated in tying our dark future together.

None's pov, a few hours earlier.
Shivaay had tossed around and around in his bed. He couldn't sleep, having Annika and his baby in mind. Whether he wanted or not wasn't the problem. The baby was his no matter what. And this baby unlike himself, would have his father by his side. And he didn't want the baby to live without a mother. Even though he hated Annika with a passion, he didn't want his child to suffer from this hatred.
"I have to marry her." He had made up his mind. And from that point, he went to the hospital in the wee hours of dawn and met with her. Their encounter had been harsh as usual but from that same encounter he had her follow him. They went to a nearby temple and got married.  A marriage of hatred was now awaiting them.
"You shouldn't have done that Oberoi! I'll make your life a living hell!" Annika had screamed once they were in the car, after their wedding ceremony. Shivaay eyed her and especially that s indoor on her hairline before rolling his eyes.
"You're not scaring me Davis. And technically, I have now a right on you. You're wearing a mangalsutra and sindoor of my name. You made me take this step. If it wasn't for my baby in your womb, I would have gone for a bride worth carrying my name. If it wasn't for your wish to abort my child, I wouldn't have married you. I understand that your body's yours but, the baby's mine too. If you don't want it then, fine. To me, at this moment, you're just a surrogate mother. Once the child's born, you'll leave our lives. But for the moment, I need to bear you. " Shivaay said and for the first time, Annika didn't reply. Was she hurt? He could care less. Well, he did care a little. But anger, my friend, is love's foe.
~•~
As they reached Annika's mansion, the new bride couldn't be more confused.
"What are we doing here now?" Annika enquired.
"What? Don't you want to tell your dad that you got married?" Shivaay replied sarcastically.
They both got out of the car and headed towards the mansion. Shivaay knocked at the door and waited. The door was soon opened by Mr Davis himself who couldn't believe his eyes when he saw his daughter with the red mark on her hairline and the nuptial chain around her neck. He then looked at Shivaay and his eyes saw red.
"Come in." He muttered.
The duo entered and as soon as the door closed, Ashton Davis pounced on Shivaay like a mad lion.
"How could you? Why the heck did you marry my daughter?! Didn't I tell you to stay away from her?" He then furiously turned to Annika and gripped her shoulders before shaking her like an apple tree.
"And what about you?! Fucking cunt! How could you get married to such a loser? Your goddamn nanny's son! Didn't you think about my reputation?"
Annika was silently crying, first the pregnancy, then the marriage and now her dad being as always Ashton Davis, a heartless bastard. If Shivaay intentions were to break her by coming back in her house as his bride, then he was successful.
Her thoughts were eventually broken when Ashton released her harshly. She lost her balance and was about to fall but Shivaay, just like a knight in his shining armour, held her waist and let her behind himself, standing between her and Ashton.
"I hope for you that this is the last time I'm seeing you misbehaving with Annika. Now that I married her, be sure that I won't let your shadow stain her life. We came here not to tell you about our marriage but to take my mom along with us..."
"Take your damn mother! I don't care about her! "
"I wasn't done Mr Davis. Before leaving this house, I came across a few documents regarding your wife's will," Ashton's face lost its color while Annika was utterly confused.
"What do you mean? Now you're going through my papers?! " Ashton roared.
"That's were things become interesting, Annika had never known it and perhaps no one but you and your wife knew that Ahana Davis was the real owner of all this wealth. And in her will, she stated that everything shall belong to Annika. "
To say that she was shocked was an understatement. Annika just couldn't believe that she was the sole owner of everything. Her mother had left her a legacy as a writer and as a businesswoman.
"Ahana didn't deserve this empire. I was the one who put it to such great heights... You can't take my success away from me!" While the two men were arguing, Annika's eyes traveled around the mansion. Her whole childhood was inside the mansion. Her whole memories with her mom were in this place. For once, she thought with her heart. For once she wasn't Ashton Davis' daughter but Ahana's.
"Stop fighting! I don't care about this will! I don't care about being the owner. But... But I know that I'll never be your daughter for you Mr Davis. I want 55% shares in the business and I also want this house. This is my mom's house and now that I know that I have my rights on it, I refuse that you and your bimbo of a wife keep living here. I'm letting you a day to clear your stuff from this place and go." Annika said and left the hall to go in her room.
"Well, Mr Davis, aren't you happy? Like father like daughter, such a spicy girl... " Shivaay hissed and left to Annika's room. He got in without knocking and was delighted to see her half naked.
"Such a beauty.. You should have let me undress you wifey.."
"What's your plan Shivaay?" Annika asked while covering up.
"I want you to burn just like I did when you insulted me. I want you to feel your body giving away on feeling such pain and destruction."
"You will never get to hurt me Oberoi."
"Never say never, wifey."