~3~

The next morning was tough for both the teens in the Davis house. Even though Ofelia lulled her to sleep the night before, Annika had tossed around and around because she was haunted by nightmares from the day her mother died. She hadn't taken the medicine her doctor had prescribed her since she was a child. Not because she didn't need it but mostly because she was tired of taking drugs to be able to sleep.

Shivaay, on the other hand, had spent a little more than two hours to study for his final exams. He wanted to study well to be a topper and give a good image in front of society, the so-called rich. As he left the en suite bathroom attached to his room, he came face to face with none other than Annika. But... he was only wearing a towel around his waist.

"What are you doing in my room? Are you nuts?" He asked and tried to make her leave his room but she resisted.

"Why are you so hostile with me?" She argued.

"Why not? You're just a spoiled brat after all! You always spend your time badmouthing others, including me! I don't see why my mom is adamant to stay! You're just like every other people! A spoiled brat who plays with other people as if they were fucking toys!" He roared, took his clothes and left to the bathroom, banging the door shut. Annika laid back on his bed for a while and smirked while looking at the ceiling.

"You're still rough because you're doubting about my intentions but I am not afraid. I know that soon enough I will manage to seduce you." She got up from his bed and left the room to go to the kitchen. She prepared a bowl of cereals and ate. She didn't bother to ask the maids to set the table since she would be eating on her own like always. So she quickly finished her breakfast and went back to her room to get ready for school. She decided to dress up in a short dress which reached her mid-thighs. 

She got down and left the house

She got down and left the house. She went to her car and saw Shivaay who was also all set to leave with his bicycle.

"Hey, do you want a ride?" She asked. He glared at her before doing as if he didn't hear her.

"Listen, I want a truce." She shouted.

"A truce? What for? Do you want to stab me behind my back? Because I..."

"No! Stop right here. I am no way like that." She was slightly offended to hear such accusations from him.

"Listen, I don't want anything to do with you. You're vile, ugly from the inside and a spoiled brat! Your heart is darkened by your wealth. You're nothing like your mom who was an angel, you're the devil itself, you're beautiful from the outside but rotten to the core on the inside. Leave me alone Annika Davis. If my mom is worried for you, let her be but I want you to stay in your limits when you're with me. Do as you wish but leave me alone, don't talk to me anymore." He said, rode on his bicycle and left her completely shaken.

From all the bad things he had told her, the way he compared her to her late mother was the most awful. She had never talked about her mother after her death. She didn't want to be nostalgic and torture her already dead soul with the souvenir of her mother. But then, him telling her that she was nothing near the woman her mother was made her go back to these sweet memories of her childhood when life was easy.

She hadn't noticed that she had been in the car for more than needed until her mother-in-law came and knocked on the window.

"What are you still doing here Annika?" She asked with her annoying high-pitched voice.

"Why would it matter to you Parul? Just leave me alone and go do your usual sunbathing." She said after lowering her window. She then started her car and left for high school.

She had managed to get there on time but as she reached the place, her heart broke as her eyes witnessed the most horrible thing she could have seen. Daksh making out with none other than Kaia, her enemy since kindergarten.

She had never liked that girl for Kaia's dad, Madhav Kumar was not only her father's rival but Kaia's mother, Jaya Kumar was also the reason why Ananya Davis had left her house that famous night which had cost her life. As Annika saw them kissing, that night played back in her mind.

Flashback.

"I can't believe it! While I spend all my time maintaining this house, working on my writing career, taking care of our daughter and Shivaay's future you're enjoying with Jaya Kumar?!" She had shouted at her husband who looked like a stone, with not even a hint of an emotion shadowing his face.

"And what would you do about that huh? Leave me? You know very well that if you try to divorce me you'll lose Annika and whatever money you managed to gain with your 'writing career'." He mocked her not even feeling guilty.

"You're such a pig!" She tried to slap him but he stopped her.

"I enjoyed every little minute I spent with Jaya. The more I rammed into her, the more I could feel my dream of a male heir becoming true since you're truly incapable of giving me a male." He said before pushing her away. Ananya leaned back on a nearby table with tears clouding her vision. That night, in a fit of rage she had taken the car keys and driven without knowing where to go. However, her destination ended in a ditch.

End of flashback.

Tears of rage clouded Annika's vision but she quickly wiped them away. She didn't know why Daksh would choose Kaia over her and she didn't even understand why that bitch had accepted Daksh when close sources had confirmed her crush on Shivaay... so what was she up to?

Annika left her car and quickly headed to the place where Shivaay would roam with his gang. She found him chatting with Omkara and Gauri, two of his best buddies.

"Shivaay?" She said cutely. He turned to her and rolled his eyes before staring back at Gauri and Omkara.

"And then Rudra..."

"Please..." She interrupted him. He sighed, picked his bag and got up. He excused himself from his friends before grabbing her arm and dragging her away from his friends.

"What do you fucking want Davis?" He inquired.

"Listen, I'm tired of fighting with you. There is so much mess in my life and I want to cut down the negativity where it is possible. I finally understood that if I want Ofelia by my side I need to accept her whole being and you happen to be a part of her as well so... let's try and be friends like before?"

"No." He tried to leave but she held his hand.

"Why not?"