Chapter 5 - Foreign Guy

Castle J's POV

I heard my phone beep from the other side of the practice room and made a mental note to check it later. I haven't really replied to any text messages for the past week except my parents'. I sat on the corner and leaned my head on the wall, trying to take a nap. I hope the others will take their time eating lunch because I really need more time to rest.

It has been tiring juggling school works and practice that I barely had time to sleep. I mentally go over my school works as I drowse off—the report, check...choreo, check...rap lyrics, video, check and check...beat, check. Beat? Have I sent it yet? I jumped awake as I remembered that I still haven't and saw Junhyuk going through my phone near the plug where I left it. Seriously, how does he move around without being heard?

"Hyung," He said. "Jung Minji is asking if you're done with the beat. What will I reply?"

"Just give it," I said, extending my arms even though he's about three meters away. All the members know my passcode and they have a habit of going through my phone even without my permission. I sometimes let them reply to urgent messages.

Junhyuk went over to my corner and sat beside me. "Who's Jung Minji?"

"Classmate," I said as I reach for my phone in his hands. "I forgot to send her our project."

"Why did she said she'd pick it up when you can send her an email?" He asked.

I read her message over and over and I can't find any reason why either. "Don't know. Why do you think?"

He shrugged. "Are you two close?"

"Not really."

"Then the more reason to be confused." He smiled jokingly. I chuckled. Junhyuk always thinks he's cool and chic and that he has to try hard to act cute especially because he's the maknae but he doesn't know that the little things he does can be very cute like when he follows Seungmin around the building or when he's being unusually talkative.

"Maybe she wants us to work on the project together," I said as I try to form my reply. "I'll take two hours off before dinner. You guys practice individually."

"You're gonna make her come here?"

I contemplated for a second. I guess? "Yeah," I answered. If she really wants to work on it together, she would understand. "I can't go too far. We still have a lot of work to do."

He grinned menacingly at me and stood up for the door. "What?" I said.

"I just thought everyone wants to know you're girlfriend is coming." He answered as he shut the door, the evil smile never leaving his face.

I want to shout in protest but it will be no use. Those kids will have fun in any way they want.

The practice for the next few hours went on with the members asking an excessive amount of questions about Minji. Apparently, Junhyuk left out the "We aren't close" part of our conversation and just focused on "Hyung's girlfriend is coming." I tried to explain but they believe what they want to believe and I just let them be. Honestly, I don't really know if they treat me as an older brother or just someone old. The respect for age hierarchy is nonexistent in this group but that's the fun of being around them; we just have to be ourselves when we're all together.

At this point, I already told them everything I know about Minji and how we met. It's not much and they tell me I'm lying. I just sigh and try to get them focused on practicing.

*****

I went outside in the afternoon at five to wait for Minji. I texted her the address of TOP Media and she said to wait for her upfront when she's near. A black car pulled over and she went out from the passenger seat. The driver's seat also opened and a black-haired foreign guy went out. I recognize him as the one Minji always waits for at the univ gates.