𝘚𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭 Chapter 1

Reference to Chapter 13

Minji's POV

Me
I'm at the hospital.
I hurt my wrist ㅠㅠ

Seongjun
Are you okay? Does
it hurt a lot? What
happened?

Me
I'm fine. No need to
worry. I just fell down.

Seongjun
Fell down??

Me
It's really fine.

Seongjun
Which hospital are
you in?

Me
Why?

Seongjun
Where???

"Jung Minji!" A nurse called and I went inside to see the doctor.

He said it's just a minor sprain. He compressed wrap it with a bandage and gave me an arm sling to elevate it. If it swells, I can just use ice to reduce the pain.

The nurse from earlier came back after the doctor was done. She has a grin on her face. "Your boyfriend's here to pick you up." She said.

"Who?" I asked sheepishly.

"Your boyfriend." She repeated. "He asked for you at the information desk and I said you should be out in a minute. He looked really worried. Thank goodness it's only a sprain."

"Yeah," I said, still wondering who could it be. I've only told Jerry and Seongjun, and both of them don't know which hospital to go to.

"The doctor already told you what to do, right?" She said. "It should be okay in a couple of weeks if you don't move it too much. Come back here if it swells abnormally."

I nodded and went out to the waiting room. I spotted Seongjun pacing near the door. When he saw me, he ran towards me. My heart skipped a beat as I register the worried look on his face. I reminded myself that we're just friends, that I shouldn't bring my hopes up. He's just here because he's worried about a friend. I even just forced him into this friendship.

But I still can't help thinking if he feels any different. Why does he do the things normal friends won't? Why does he have to look like he cares so much? Why did he still come here even though I said I'm fine? Why...can't I tell if he likes me that way or not? I want him to like me...

"Are you okay?" He asked. He was panting. He must've hurried to go here.

"I'm okay," I said. "Why are you here? I told you it isn't that bad."

"You said you fell down. You didn't elaborate so I thought..." He sighed.

I smiled. I can't explain how happy I am that he's here. "It's just a sprain. They said it will be better soon."

He nodded. "Thank goodness it's nothing serious. Did you eat already? We should grab a quick bite. I have to be back in the company as soon as possible. They didn't know I went out."

I made a short laugh. "You skipped practice?" It was natural to just tease him but my heart kept jumping up and down. He skipped practice. For me.

He looked away from me, seeming a little bit shy. "Yeah. But it's your fault!"

"My fault?" I laughed. "I didn't ask you to come."

"You made me worried!" He half-yelled. I looked around to make sure no one was listening. Then I smiled at him. It's cute how he can't look at me in the eyes. He turned his back to me and started to walk away. "Let's just go eat."

"Okay," I said and followed him out the door, my smile visible from ear to ear.