[𝙳𝙴𝙻𝙴𝚃𝙴𝙳 𝚂𝙲𝙴𝙽𝙴]

Minji's POV

They held a mini fan meeting outside the broadcasting station. I wasn't sure why I applied for this. I'm even more confused why the staff let me join. Shouldn't I be blacklisted or something?

But I want to see him. He'd been so busy that he wasn't on the campus lately and this is the only way I could think of. I just hope they won't spot me. I just want to hear his voice, see him smile. That will be enough for me.

"Don't move, freeze!" They greeted together. "Hello, we are MCND."

The fans cheered so loudly that I'm afraid I'll stick like a sore thumb if I don't join in. I just clapped my hands, I wasn't really there to get excited.

They were talking now, introducing themselves, sharing stories, granting fans requests, but at one point I stopped focusing. My eyes are fixed on Seongjun and I couldn't hear anything. It's as if everything and everyone around just kaleidoscopes into oblivion.

The song—our song that we created months ago came playing in my head. I've been listening to it a lot since we broke up.

"All the times that past
Without you beside me.."

I've been torn, wounded, I was losing my mind and I don't even know if I have a life anymore now that he's gone. I've lost focus on the things that used to be important to me.

"Our relationship came to last
Like a hopeless melody.."

Was it really hopeless, though? I still refuse to believe that his feelings had changed. Or am I really engrossed in my own little world that I haven't realized that he doesn't want to be with me anymore?

He is now acting cute in front of his fans. His shy smile that makes his eyes seem like a thin line made my heart skip a beat.

"I couldn't breathe, I couldn't see
I have to accept that we aren't meant to be.."

Aren't we really not meant to be? Tears started to accumulate in my eyes. I can't do this anymore. I can't see him smiling like this while I am so miserable. I'm happy that he's doing what he loves but isn't it a bit unfair that I can't do what I love?

Our eyes met for a split second and I quickly wiped my eyes with the sleeves of my shirt. When I looked at him again, he was laughing at something someone said. My heart pounded. His laugh, I haven't heard it in a while.

"The angelic sound is now lost to me
I couldn't feel, Our melody.."

How is it possible to in love with just a laugh? I miss him so much. I waited for him to glance in my direction again, but he didn't. Realizing this was a dumb idea, I started to step backward. Slowly, still unable to look away from him. Maybe I can reach behind the crowd of fans unnoticed. Until...

"Ow!" Someone exclaimed.

I turned around and I can feel everybody's eyes on me. I bowed my apologies. Over and over, covering my face with my hair. It became quiet.

"Excuse me?" Someone with a microphone said. It must be one of the staff. "The girl bowing. Can you come with me for a sec?"

I faced his direction and bowed one more time before walking towards him, taking the sideway path, trying to avoid anyone's eyes. I know then that I must've looked really pathetic. In front of everyone, and in front of him.

~•~•~•~•~•~
Following the breakup on the previously deleted scene, Minji still pursues Seongjun. I was thinking of the company to be more involved with their relationship. And Minji just being so desperate to the point that they tell her to stop because he doesn't want to talk to her anymore. I think this is a bit more interesting but I really don't know what the plot could've been. I actually had a tiny breakdown when I decided to give it up and change the story entirely. 😅
I wrote this waaaay before I decided the story will have threats and stuff. But I still put a mini fanmeeting scene on Chapter 32. 😆