Chapter 19 - A New Friend

Minji's POV

"Can we make the girl as if she's walking along the dream catcher's ring? It could be like a journey." I suggested.

Mimi and I are using our own free time to work on our project. She'll be busy with her debut preparations soon and we are finishing our work as soon as possible. We're in the digital arts club room and we're the only people inside.

"That could work, too." She said and she immediately started to edit the tiny picture of a girl on her digital drawing pad. "Like this?"

It really looked like the girl was in motion. How does she do that in a short amount of time? I nodded in satisfaction. "That's amazing."

Mimi and I had been spending a lot of time together lately. Even though our personalities are very different, she grew on me. She's just easy to be with and I really didn't have to try hard to talk to her.

It's been quiet at the campus since that day. There were no threats nor random people asking me about my relationship with Seongjun but that's because they all thought we're together and I didn't bother correcting them.

She continued drawing and I just watched. "Hey," she said. "There's this literary competition in spring, right at the start of the semester. I really think you should enter."

"I don't know. It's not really my thing."

She turned to face me. "Your piece is incredible. There are literally five of us in the club who wanted to illustrate your story, including our club president. I just happen to win against all of them."

"That doesn't prove that my story is good."

"Trust me, it is." She said. "Besides, didn't you say you joined the club to get out of your comfort zone? You can go further."

"I just joined because Seongjun told me."

She raised an eyebrow. "You can't just do what he says. Try something for yourself. You aren't exactly just doing whatever. You're good at this."

She looked at me expectantly. "I'll think about it." I finally said.

"You'll gonna do great!" She beamed. "So... How's it going with you and Seongjun?"

I missed talking about things like this. I never had anyone to talk to nor anything to talk about since Carl...

Mimi noticed me turn red and she gave me a teasing smile. "That explains everything. Can I expect an official relationship soon?"

"I don't know about that."

Seongjun's busy but he manages to check in on me every day. He asks me everything that had happened throughout my day in detail. I know, it's a bit annoying but I think it's cute that he's worried about me.

"But he likes you too, right?" Mimi asked.

I shrugged. Does he? If we really like each other, then should we be... "I don't know," I said. That had been my default answer when we talk about Seongjun because I really don't know. He does like me. Why else would he do everything he does for me if not because of that? But then why doesn't he want to be with me, why did he take back asking me out?

"Aren't you talking about it?"

I shook my head. "He had a lot going on. I don't really want to bring it up and distract him. It's not the right time."

"What do you guys talk about, then?"

"I don't know." Again. "Random stuff." Then I suddenly remembered. "Oh, yeah. He told me he'll take me to Han River before they debut. They have a little bit of free time a few days before."

"That's great!" She smiled. "At least that's something."

I nodded and matched her smile. Right then, my phone rang. It was an unknown number.

I showed the screen to Mimi. "Should I answer?"

She gestured for me to go on. "It could be important."

And I did. "Hello?" I said hesitantly.

"Hello. Is this Jung Minji?" It was a voice of a woman and she sounds professional.

"Yes."

"Hi. This is from TOP Media. I'm MCND's fan club manager. I know you are a friend of Seongjun's and I would like to ask if you could stop by the company anytime today. There's something I want to talk to you about and I think it's better if we do that in person?"

"Uhm...Yes, but can I ask what is it about?" I glanced at Mimi but she didn't hear what the manager said and I'm quite nervous.

"Well..uh..I'll send you a picture that was sent to us anonymously. I think you'll get the idea when you see it."

"Okay."

What picture? I stared at my phone long after she hangs up as I waited for the picture she said she'll send. From the tone of her voice, something doesn't sound right and I started to get worried.

"Who was that?" Mimi asked.

"It's from Seongjun's company. They want me to go there." I said.

"But, why?"

"I don't know. She said she'll send me something."

My phone buzzed and I clutched it tight before I open the message.

My eyes widened.

"What is it?" Mimi asked and she looked over my shoulder.

She didn't have to say anything more, both our mouths ajar. We were staring at a photo of me and Seongjun hugging each other in the middle of the street.