Chapter 25 - Finding Out

Huijun's POV

'Something is odd.' was the first thing I thought when Minji-noona joined us. Seongjun-hyung became unusually quiet and they haven't exchanged a single word with each other. Usually, when they're together, the world around them will disappear into oblivion. But right now, it's as if everything exists to them except each other.

I purposefully made the others walked faster. Maybe they just needed their privacy, maybe they're trying not to get caught.

As I thought, hyung stayed beside her but I was surprised when he left her after a car passed by.

"Hyung, is noona really okay?" I asked when he reached me. She is walking slowly behind him.

"She said she is, didn't she?" He answered and walked straight to the others.

"Hey!" Seungmin-hyung shouted. "Aren't we supposed to eat here?"

The four of them are now crowded in front of a samgyeopsal place.

"We're going to walk noona to the bus station first," I said.

"Can't she join us?" Junhyuk said. "She isn't in a hurry, is she?"

I looked at her, still strolling towards us. I wore my best smile and shouted,  "Noona! Do you want to eat samgyeopsal?"

"What?" She asked.

"Why are you walking so slow?" I ran toward her, my hand extended. "Here, hold my hand so you wouldn't be left behind." When she looked at me as if I'm crazy, I grabbed her hand and we began to walk.

She didn't argue and just stayed still but I made sure to catch Seongjun-hyung's expression. I barely saw the uncomfortable look on his face but one look at his clenched fist and I knew. I smiled to myself. He plastered an 'I don't care' expression on his face and I can't help but wonder why he isn't saying anything. He knows we already know he likes her. Did he get rejected?

"Yah! Why are you holding her hand?" Minjae asked when we neared. I immediately let go.

"We kept on walking fast. Noona can't keep up." I explained but I looked at Seongjun-hyung a second longer before glancing away.

"Noona," Seungmin-hyung said, pointing at the door. "Samgyeopsal. It's Seongjun-hyung's treat.

She shook her head. "I really should go."

"Ey, it's been a long time since we last saw you. You can't just leave right away." Minjae said. "Besides, Seongjun-hyung wouldn't mind. Right, hyung?"

They all looked at him but I watched the both of them simultaneously. It's obvious that she's avoiding his eyes. There's definitely something going on. But, what?

It took her a while to answer, no doubt thinking whether to reject us or not. She needed his permission but why couldn't she just ask? "But—"

"It's okay," Seongjun-hyung said with a straight face.

For a split second, noona's eyes widened but the four of us beamed. I went behind her and pushed her by both shoulders toward the door. "He said it's okay. No need to be shy."

There aren't any customers but we still chose to sit at a far corner. I pushed noona down a middle seat and I took the one beside her. I expected Seongjun-hyung to sit on her other side but he took the chair across from her and Junhyuk sat on that chair instead.

"You're sitting there?" I asked hyung.

"What?" He said as if he didn't understand.

I just shook my head. I'm becoming more curious by the minute.