Eighteen · · · Mell (.2)

Mell was relieved to see that their zumo ship was now traveling through Channel Hordlid. She glanced at Kast and their eyes caught. Knowing exactly what Mell was thinking, Kast stood up and did a full 360 to see if any other ships were coming towards or following them. He then sat back down on the bench and nodded at Mell. Sighing from the heat, Mell forward onto the bench landing next to Kast.

"Woah!" he exclaimed. "Heat stricken, aren't ya?"

Mell was too tired to even give an answer. Panting, Mell leaned on Kast's sweaty body. She knew that it would only make her hotter, but she didn't care. All Mell cared about was comfort and Kast was comfort. Mell knew that Kast didn't mind either when he scooted closer to her to get even more comfortable. His jeans, made from constant metal fiber and potu cotton were soft on Mell's face as laid down on the bench, using his legs as a pillow.

On their way through the bay, before they had exited, Mell had watch Kast take his armor off. Underneath, his dark gray shirt was covered in sweat, but in the wind, it seemed to go away. His curly hair blew in the wind when he pulled the funny looking helmet off his head. All Mell wanted to do was touch his hair as bounced. She wanted to see how smooth it was as it curled around her fingers.

Now, Mell's head was sitting on Kast's lap as his warm, strong hand rested on her back. As she tried to sleep, every once and a while Kast moved underneath her as he took out a deep breath. Above them, the sun shone bright, making Mell feel like she was dying. Part of her mind wanted to dive into the ocean to cool off, but the longer she thought about it the more she wanted to stay in Kast's arms instead.

As she drifted to sleep, Mell was thankful she dream about anything too crazy, like her sister or those three sisters with blue, green, and red. The only thing that entered her mind as she slept was the flashes of a boy and girl. They looked like siblings with red hair and tan skin on a cold planet. Mell knew it must have been Gazar. They flashed but then blurred in her mind as if they were little messages being sent to her brain. As if someone was trying to tell her something. Mell promised herself that when she woke up she would tell Kast. Hopefully, he would understand.

···

Mell woke up to a dark-colored sky. It was navy blue, the color that takes over the sky when the purple and orange streaks of light have finally gone down with the sun. Mell wanted to hit herself. She so wanted to see the sunset over the Ocean of Zellaphin before it had disappeared, but she had missed it. Mell sat abruptly, almost hitting Kast's chin with the top of her head. He seemed to be awake and looked as if he had been waiting patiently for Mell to wake up too.

"Is something wrong?" Kast asked unwrapping his arms on her.

Mell shivered. She woke up sweating, but the new night wind was making Mell's skin prickle with goosebumps even though she was wearing a jacket. Mell wanted Kast to hold her again or let her lean into him. She wanted his warmth to surround her, but she knew she couldn't have it.

Shaking her head, Mell replied, "No. Yes. I'm just sad that I missed the sunset. I've never seen it over the ocean before and I have a feeling it would have been beautiful."

Kast smiled at the words that had come out of her mouth. "It's nothing like how beautiful it gets when you're under the waves. For just a second, you can see the blue water turn orange, but nobody ever looks up. It's like they don't see the whole city turn another color other than just blue or the flash of green every once and awhile." He then frowned, but it soon disappeared by another smile. "But nevermind my grievances," he sighed.

They sat in awkward silence for a bit, not knowing what to say next. Then images of the Gazaran boy and girl flashed in Mell's mind. She bit her lip trying to think of how it say it without sounding like a lunatic as her sister had in one of her dreams.