Hidden Abilities

Spark's POV

I didn't know where I was. I woke up in someone's bed and I didn't recognise it. I jumped off of the bed and when I did someone screamed at me. "Spark! Take it easy!" I recognised the voice. It was Crystal's voice. I looked at where the voice came from and I saw Dolly, Crystal and Sylvia at the bedroom door. "Hey Crystal! Good morning! Why do I have to take it easy? And where are we?" Dolly and Crystal were about to say something but Sylvia covered their mouths with her feelers and then she spoke up. "We're In Dolly's den and Spark, what's the last thing you can remember?" "Well I don't know what you're talking about but I brought Crystal to her home and I went to sleep on her couch. Oh and I forgot to tell all of you..... but today is my birthday!" All 3 of them looked at me with astonished faces. "Is everything alright?" I asked. "Spark, what exactly was the date of your birthday?" Crystal asked. "Well, that's the 27th of may. Why?" All of their faces looked sad when I said that. "...... Spark ...... that was yesterday." Dolly spoke up. "That's not possible I know for a fact that today is the 27th." Crystal seemed very sad and it looked like she was very sorry for something. "Spark? Can you leave the room for a second?" "Uhhh sure?" And so I left the room.

Crystal's POV

"Yesterday was his birthday....." I was completely filled with guilt. "And I screamed at him and slapped him...... we left him to die.... on his birthday...." all 3 of us felt extremely bad for what we had done to Spark. I felt so bad that I actually fell to the ground. "Crystal we need to talk." Dolly and Sylvia both looked down at me. "About what? How we can make his live even worse?!" "Crystal, please....." Sylvia said. "Why does this keep happening to Spark..... He already has gone through so much..." I couldn't function anymore I was completely overwhelmed about everything. But then Dolly snapped at me. "CRYSTAL THAT'S ENOUGH! We let him down, we know that but now we have got to focus on something else, how are you going to make it up to him?" I looked at her and she was clearly feeling bad as well but she was determined to make it up to Spark. "Now get up and help us out here. First of all, he doesn't remember anything from yesterday who's going to explain that to him?" Sylvia asked and I immediately reacted. "I will." "Okay great. In the mean time I will prepare a little surprise party for Spark. And Dolly, you're going to find new leaves for Crystal and then you're going to Spark's den to help me. Crystal, your job is to keep Spark busy for today and keep him away from his den." Dolly and I nodded and then we discussed the next topic. "I'm not sure if you 2 have noticed as well but I think Spark has recovered way too fast just like last time when he got poisoned." I said. "I know. I've never seen someone recover from something that fast. And I think it has something to do with that form we saw him in." Dolly said. "I know. I think so too. Let's say that I will ask him what that form is when it's a good time to. Okay?" I offered and they both nodded. "Okay I'm done. Does anyone else want to add something?" Sylvia asked. "I want both of you to promise to never leave Spark like that again." "We promise. Right Dolly?" "Right!" "Okay, then I'm done too."

We walked out of the bedroom to hear someone downstairs in the kitchen, making something. We walked down and we saw Spark making something delicious for all 4 of us. "Hey there! That took long enough. Who wants pancakes?!" We all stared at Spark and then at the pancakes. "I hope you don't mind Dolly but I used some of your ingredients to make this." "You hope I don't mind!? I LOVE PANCAKES!" She grabbed 1 of the plates and started running to the dinner table. "I will bring the rest." Sylvia picked up 3 plates and started walking to the dinner table. I was filled with even more guilt knowing I didn't deserve Spark's kindness. I looked at the ground until I heard Spark speak up. "Crystal are you okay?" ".......no........" Spark used 1 of his paws to force my eyes to stare into his. "Crystal I thought we forgave each other didn't we? I don't know what's going on but please forget about it for a second and come join me at the table." I started blushing and he just smiled at me with his eyes closed. "O-okay Spark." If it makes him happy than I'll forget about it. I did have to explain it to him after breakfast but for now I will enjoy the pancakes. "Come on, Sylvia and Dolly are waiting. Are you coming?" "You can count on me!" Spark smiled and started walking to the table and I followed him shortly after. When we arrived I saw that Sylvia and Dolly already had began eating but they weren't just eating, they were eating at Arceus level speed. "Sylvia? Dolly? Are you 2 okay?" I asked. "Cwystal you gwhave two try twese." Sylvia told me with her mouth full. "Okay?" I kept my manners and gently picked up 1 of the pancakes and took a gentle bite. I took the bite and my taste buds went insane. The pancake was perfect. It was slightly sweet but not too sweet it was soft and although it wasn't my favourite food of all time it was the best thing I had ever tasted. "How can you even manage to make these!?" I said. I forgot about everything and just started eating the pancakes like if my life was on the line. "I'm glad that you girls like it!" I looked up at Spark and he had a huge smile on his face. I was happy that he had a great time. Apparently Dolly had already finished and she spoke up. "Spark, I'm not exaggerating when I say that this is the best thing I've ever tasted!" "Thanks Dolly! I have a bit of experience with cooking." Sylvia had now finished too and I was the only one left eating my pancakes like a moron. "Spark? Would you mind to teach me how to cook like this? Or do you want to be my chef in my restaurant by any chance?" Sylvia was serious. "Wait, you own a restaurant!?" "I sure do! It's the second best restaurant in town! Well that is what the ratings say. But you didn't answer me." "Well I guess that I could teach you. I will do that on only 1 condition. I want to cook in your restaurant for 1 night." "DEAL!" I laughed and I was happy to see al 4 of us happy.

A/N
Me: *Tied up to a chair* S-s-see Crystal I made a-a happy c-chapter!
Crystal: Good choice.
Me: C-Can you let me g-go now?
Crystal: NO! YOU MADE US ALL SUFFER YOU DESERVE THIS!
Me:I-I know and I-I'm sorry. Just pl-
Crystal: SHUT UP!
Me: O-Ok...... *starts to try to break free by using my pencil* *struggles*
Crystal: What are you doing?
Me: *successfully breaks free and starts running* SPARK! HELP ME PLEASE! CRYSTAL IS GOING MAD AGAIN!
Crystal: COME BACK HERE YOU PATHETIC LITTLE SHIT!
Crystal: *almost reaching me*
Spark: *jumps between me and Crystal* Crystal calm down you know he has changed.
Crystal: I don't care! I don't trust him!
Me: Crystal, I'm sorry for being a dick I'm trying to change, I swear!
Crystal:............ You get 1 chance.
Me: *sighs in relief* Thanks Crystal! I won't waste this opportunity!
Crystal: You better not.
Me: Oh I completely forgot! I hope you enjoyed and goodbye!
Spark: To who are you saying that!?

Release date: 5 September 2019
1365 words