The Floating Eevee

Crystal's POV

I was running towards Sylvia's den. While I was running I realised that I had accidentally taken the book with me but I didn't really care. That's not one of my main concerns right now. I have no idea what Sylvia has gotten herself into and I'm worried about her. She never told me about this umbreon. I hope that she's okay. She was acting really weird this morning too. I just hope that she's alright.... It took me a while but I finally arrived at Sylvia's den. I knocked on the door. "Sylvia? Are you there?" I didn't get a answer but I heard that someone was crying. "Sylvia? Are you alright? I know you're in there. It's me, Crystal. Can you please open up? I'm worried about you and a flareon named Blaze is searching for you."
I still didn't receive an answer. "Sylvia.... please...  I can't leave you like this...."
"C-Crystal... can you please just leave me for a second? I-I'm sick and I d-don't want you to get sick too...." "Sylvia, I know that you're not sick. I don't know who this umbreon is or how you know each other but I do know that you need someone right now. So please open up." It was quiet for a while but then the door opened up. "Hey there Crystal! How can I help you? Sorry that it took me so long I ju-" I interrupted her. "Sylvia, drop the act. Just tell me what's happening okay?" Sylvia's smile disappeared and she stepped aside and that allowed me to walk inside. "I think that we should sit down somewhere." I said and Sylvia walked over to her couch and sat down. I followed her and sat down on the couch as well. "So... what's on your mind?" "....There's basically too much on my mind, I d-don't know what to do or what to think...." "Okay, I understand. I'm guessing that one of the things on your mind has something to do with umbreon. Right?" "...Yes..." "So why don't you tell me what exactly is going on between you and him." "...Fine, I guess... It started when I was in the berry forest when I was still an eevee..."

Flashback

Sylvia's POV

I was just casually walking down the river like I did every morning. I had a smile on my face, my tail was wagging all over the place, I held my head high and I was humming a tune. While I was walking I eventually saw some brown thing floating in the distance. It wasn't moving but it did catch my attention. When the brown thing got closer I couldn't believe it. There was an eevee in the water! It wasn't moving. I didn't hesitate a second. I jumped in the water, swam to the unconscious or maybe even dead eevee and I grabbed it by it's scruff with my mouth. I swam back to shore and I pulled the eevee out of the water. When I succeeded I started freaking out. I didn't know what to do. I did learn some medical things from my mother and school and a tiny bit from movies. I did the first thing that I could think of and that was checking his pulse. I was happy when I felt a pulse. The next thing I did was checking if he was breathing. When my ear got close to his mouth I didn't feel the smallest breeze of air. That meant that his lungs were probably full of water! If I don't find a way to get that water out quickly he'll die! The only thing I could think of was something that I had seen in the movies. I didn't hesitate, I put 2 of my paws on top of each other and I put those paws on his chest. I started pressing on his chest. I pushed his chest 3 times and then I had to do something embarrassing. I put my mouth on his and I blew air into his lungs. I then started pushing on his chest again. I had repeated this cycle 3 times and I looked at him. He wasn't breathing. I then thought that the situation was helpless but then he suddenly coughed up some water and he started breathing. He started looking around of him and he eventually saw me. "W-Who are you? Where am I?" My mommy always taught me to not immediately trust strangers so I wasn't going to give my name. "Well, ummm, you are in a place called the berry forest and I'm from around here. I found you floating in the river and you weren't moving. I jumped in and I dragged you up here. Then I performed CPR and now we're here." "Well... Thanks I guess. Do you have any idea how I get back to forest Dome?" "Forest Dome? What is that?" "It's the place where I live but judging from your reaction I don't think you know how I can get there..." The eevee got up. "Anyway, I better get going then. See you later." He turned around and started walking away. "Wait!" He turned around and faced me. "Yeah? What's up?" "Will I see you around?" "Maybe, maybe not. Listen I really gotta go so I'll see you later
okay?" "Okay, bye!" He then turned around again and walked off.

The next day

It was now the next day and it was night. I wasn't supposed to be outside at this time but I really wanted to see that eevee from yesterday again. I decided to sneak out. The moon was up in the sky when I arrived at the point where I saved that eevee's live. I didn't see him so I was about to walk back home until I saw a houndour and he was blocking my path. He started approaching me with a sinister smile and I curled up because I was scared. I prepared to feel an agonising pain but it never came. When I looked up I saw that that eevee from yesterday was fighting off the houndour and he was winning. The houndour eventually turned around and ran off and then that weird and crazy strong eevee walked over to me. He stretched his paw towards me and asked. "Are you okay?" I nodded and grabbed his paw.
"T-Thanks..." "It was the least that I could do for you after you saved me yesterday. You saved my life and now I saved yours so now we're even." "Alright, if you say so..." "Anyway, I'm going to get some sleep. See you around." "Can I ask one more thing?" "Sure." "Would you like to meet me here at the same time tomorrow?" "Sure, I'll see you tomorrow." "Alright! See you then!" I ran back home with a smile on my face because I think that this could be a great start of a great friendship! The next few weeks we met up at the same spot everyday and we talked or played with each other there. But after those few weeks he didn't show up anymore. And I was really beginning to like him... or more... like like him... I was devastated the next month.

End of flashback

A/N
I got a new profile picture! It's made by @ImaReadingRaptor . His/her art is awesome and she's/he's a writer too! So check him/her out! (ImaReadingRaptor, If you read this then I'm sorry but I never assume gender. Otherwise people will bombard you in the comments XD.) And before I forget, enjoy the side story!

Thomiña: "B-But, are you guys r-really okay?"
Spark: "We're ok. There's nothing wrong with us." *smiles at Thomiña*
Thomiña: "Thank Arceus... I know that it's not really an appropriate moment but I'm starving. Can we go downstairs?"
Crystal: "Of course we can."
Thomiña, Spark and Crystal: *Start walking downstairs.*
Thomiña: *Suddenly rushes back to his room and locks the door behind him. He throws his bed and closet in front of the door as well*
Crystal: "Thomiña! What are you doing!?"

15 December 2019
3:35 am (Don't mind this XD)
1372 words