New Faces

FINALLY! IT FEELS GOOD TO WRITE AGAIN! It's been so busy lately but now I finally have some time to work on this book again. Let's just jump into it! Enjoy!

Sylvia's POV

When I woke up I found myself in some kind of comfy bed. I was confused since the last thing I could remember was that some annoying gengar attacked me and that some weird Pokémon showed up out of nowhere. Did that Pokémon save me or something? I was snapped out of my thoughts by a voice. "Hey! You're up!" I looked to my right and I saw a flareon. I looked at him with a confused face. "Ummm... Hey there." I think he noticed that I was uncomfortable because he started explaining things. "My bad, you must be really confused. To be honest with you I'm a bit confused too. My friend just arrived back home with you on his back. But if I have understood him correctly, he found you in the forest and you got attacked by a gengar. Is that correct?" "Yes it is." "Alright, good to know. Anyway, my name is Blaze." He raised his paw and waited for me to shake his paw. I hesitated for a second but then I shook his paw with one of my feelers. "I'm Sylvia, nice to meet you and thanks for saving me." "Nice to meet you too and don't thank me, I wasn't the one that saved you." "Then who did?" "He did." He pointed at the corner of the room but I didn't see anyone or anything there. "Blaze? There's noth-" I stopped speaking when a sudden yellow light merged from the corner. I looked at the corner and I saw the same Pokémon that I remembered showing up at the fight between me and that gengar. "Umbreon! You're scaring her! Can you just act normal for once? Please?" Blaze said. The umbreon gave no reaction and just casually walked away. Blaze slapped himself in the face with his paw and spoke up. "Sorry about him, he isn't particularly good at meeting new people. He's really nice when you get to know him though." "Okay?" The situation was really awkward but Blaze seemed to be used to that and just handled with it. "Anyway, do you need anything? We've got some berries and water if you want." "No thanks. Can I ask how late it is?" "Off course!" The flareon looked out of the window and judged the time by the setting of the moon. "Judging from the stance of the moon, I think it's about 4 in the morning." "Then I better get going, my friends must be worried sick." "I understand, I'll see you around." "I'll see you later, it was nice getting to know you Blaze." "Same goes for you Sylvia." He shot me a smile and I shot him one back. "And before I leave, I would like to invite you and your friend to my restaurant. It's impossible to miss. My restaurant is in square Grotto, I'm sure you'll find it. We open up around six o clock and don't worry about anything like money. Your meals will be on the house. See this as a kind of thank you for saving me." "Really?! Thanks Sylvia! I'll see you tonight." "Till then." I waved at him and he waved back at me with a huge smile on his face.

*Back to the present time*

"After that I walked back to your den. It was a long walk and I was exhausted when I arrived at your den." I explained. "I see, why didn't you just tell us what happened? We're your friends after all." Spark asked. "I thought that you guys would get mad at me for thinking that it would be save outside at that time..." "Sylvia... Of course we won't be mad. You can talk to me, understand?" "I understand Spark... sorry..." "You don't have to say sorry silly, you're the victim after all." He shot me a smile and I felt that my face started heating up again. "T-thank you Spark." "No problem Sylvia. Anyway, we're supposed to open in 5 minutes so we better get ready. I'll go set up the last things in the kitchen, would you be so kind to light up the candles on the tables?" "S-sure."

Spark's POV

I walked to the kitchen and got the last things that were needed for the night. I used my speed once again to set everything up quickly. After I did that I looked around the kitchen to see if there was something interesting. I looked at the wall and I found a calendar. I looked at it and then something caught my eye. On the date 31 May stood that it was Crystal's birthday. Isn't that on the night that we are going to the concert? I was confused but then I thought about something more important. What should I get her for a present? And how am I going to make the day special? I thought about all that stuff for some time and came to a conclusion. I should get her some ic- I shot out of my thoughts when I saw that Sylvia was still lighting up the candles, she wasn't really paying attention though. At some point she had to yawn and the lighter came dangerously close to the curtains. I used my speed once more to get to her really quickly and I grabbed her paw which was holding the lighter. Sylvia turned her head to me and her face was red. "W-What are you d-doing?!" "Saving this place from burning to the ground." I looked at her paw and just then she noticed how close the lighter was to the curtain. "Sylvia, I think it's better if you just go home. You're obviously still exhausted and tired." "What?! I can't go home now! Who's going to take care of the restaurant?!" "I am, you won't be of any help in this state either so just go home." "But how are you going to cook, take up orders, do the dishes and bring the costumers their food and drinks?!" "I got this, believe me." "Sorry Spark, I'm not leaving." I sighed, I wasn't going to give up so easily. "Go home." "No." "If you don't go home I will not cook for you." "What!?" "You heard me." "You can't just do that! I'm officially your boss and I say th-" I cut her off. "I'm not saying this to you as your employee but as your friend. Go home, you're exhausted and you won't be able to work optimally like this. Besides, I can handle it on my own. I've got my powers remember?" "You can't use them in public remember?" "Exactly, And that's why I'll only use them in the kitchen. Now go home, I'm not going to ask you again." ".... Fine.... Are you sure you can handle it?" "I'm sure of it, do you need a lift home?" "No, I'm fine, thank you." "Alright, see you tomorrow Sylvia." "...Till then Spark..." Sylvia left the restaurant... or at least tried to. She made it to the door but she was barely able to open the door. I walked towards her and picked her up. "Spark? What are you do-" I put her on my back and I started running on a normal speed. "Spark! Put me d-down!" "Nope." I made it to the entrance of square Grotto and looked around me. When I didn't see anyone I warned Sylvia to get a good grip and I started running on full speed. We arrived at my den 10 seconds later. I was surprised when I didn't hear Sylvia screaming or cursing at me. I ignored it for now and just opened my door to my den. Dolly and Crystal weren't there anymore so I assumed they had already left and that they were on their way to the restaurant. I knew I didn't have much time so I ran upstairs, opened the door to my bedroom and walked over to my bed. "Okay Sylvia, this is your sto-" I stopped talking when I saw that Sylvia had fallen asleep. I wondered how she managed to fall asleep but I guess that my comfy fur was just a bit too comfy. I jumped on my bed, carefully laid down and slowly got Sylvia off of my back. I jumped off of the bed, tugged Sylvia in and walked out of the room. I walked past the mirror but when I saw myself I noticed that the ribbon I put on earlier while opening the presents was still attached to my ear and the leaves on my head were also still there. I removed the ribbon and I also removed the leaves slowly. As I expected... My head wound had completely healed and that was the moment I realised that I really could regenerate on an insanely fast pace. I shook off the thought and I walked out of my den.