22- Yep, Still Hate Kids

I finally arrived to their doorstep and was about to knock on the door, when I stopped what I was doing gain and caught my breath. These stairs are dangerous, I swear to god.

When I knocked, a very fancy doorbell ringed. I snorted and a very fancy lady opened the door.

"Hello, honey!" She said and took her fancy bag with her.

"Hello, miss." I smiled politely.

"I have to go now." She checked her watch. "So as you know, Adam is 11 years old and Emma is 8 years old. Play with them if they want to. They have to go to sleep at ten sharp. Also, you can help yourself with whatever you want from the fridge and when they're asleep you can watch TV or Netflix until I arrive. There's money on the table."

As she said that she took an amount of money from her purse without looking and slapped it on the table. Then she just left.

"I-... Okay." I took the money without even looking at it.

I walked around the huge house to find Emma on the couch of the huge living room, eating a huge chocolate cake with hot chocolate and hot milk and cookies, all of them organised on the table.

"Hey, what are you watching?" I asked and she jumped. She grabbed the remote quickly and turned it off just before the two people on the screen started to kiss. I remember this movie... It was The Princess Bride.

"Nothing!" She yelled.

"The Princess Bride is a great movie." I winked to her and took a cookie. I frowned as it reminded me of Kookie.K and the others.

Emma blushed and looked at the screen of her huge TV. She was already in her pajamas, ready for bed.

"Can you tell me where your brother is?" I asked her. She pointed at the stairs and mumbled about him being in his room.

After a while of searching for his room, a familiar sound of a hissing creeper creeped itself into my ears. I followed the source of the sound and saw a door that was slightly opened. I opened the door slowly to reveal Adam, with the best gaming equipment, playing Minecraft on a huge screen.

"I play Minecraft too." I said. He didn't hear me, since his earphones were on the maximum volume.

I walked to his side and took off his earphones. He turned around swiftly and looked at me with big eyes.

"I play Minecraft too." I said and smiled at him. "Do you want me to show you a few cool stuff?"

"Yes!" He grinned excitingly and stood up from his seat, letting me show him a few small tricks and a few lessons.

"And down even dig straight down." I said as I dug down the proper way to diamond level.

"What about up?" He asked with curiousity, "Can I dig up?"

"You can, but do it wisely." I explained, "water, lava, sand and gravel. It can all fall over you and kill you. So before you dig up, just put a torch under your feet which will just destroy sand and gravel if it falls on you, and have blocks with you to block the ceiling if you reached lava or water from above you."

"Ohhhh." Adam nodded, listening carefully.

"Time to go to sleep, little buddy." I ruffled his hair and he whined.

"Five minutes?" His bottom lip stuck out.

"Sorry, kiddo. But next time I will teach you cheats." I winked at him and he smiled widely in excitement and ran off to brush his teeth before going to bed.

"Now Emma." I sighed and walked back to the living room to see Emma asleep on the couch with the same movie still playing.

I picked her up and walk with her in my arms all the way to what seemed to be her room. I set her on the bed and put her blanket over her little body. I smiled at her, thinking how kids are so special, cute, preaciou-

"Phht~"

She...

She just farted in her sleep.

Oh cheesus, the smell...

Oh now she smiles in her sleep.

Wait, no, she smirks in her sleep.

I just got a reminder on why I hate kids.