4

#FrozenPastff

Olivia's P.O.V.

Days, weeks, even months have passed.
    There was never a day though, which I didn't think of my brother and how we both could've now made up our time of being apart. Nevertheless, Iduna was still too young to come with on a journey like that. Leaving her here was not a choice either.

"What if you go alone and I stay here with our daughter?" suggested Jordan.
    "I do thank you for that offer, Love, but it's also your wish to finally get out of this island and see the world." I answered.
     "I can give up the wish for Iduna. All I need is here. My happiness is there where you are, Liv."
     We talked about some more stuff, but I already made up my mind: I wouldn't leave without him. We had to think of something else.

A few years passed.
     Iduna was now six years old. We just haven't thought about the journey anymore and the trolls never mentioned something either.
     Until last night, when Iduna asked me about the northern lights.
     The questions surprised me a bit, at least I haven't expected it. And it brought up some memories of my childhood.
     "The northern lights?" I asked indirectly again. "They say, northern lights always appear when your ancestors come to earth to see how their family is keeping up with life. And because we can't see them as ghosts, they're sending us a message through the sky and then go back to their realm." I explained to my daughter.
     Jack always told me that story. He was very fascinated by these lights and always flew up to the moon in his own fantasy, to get a closer look.
     "Was uncle Jack also here tonight?" she asked then.
     "Yes, my love. Uncle Jack was here tonight and he's letting us know that through the northern lights."
     And that was again one of these moments, where I was happy but at the same time also sad.
     I just needed to look at Iduna for a short moment and could smile bright. But then there was also this thought, that Jack might be alive, and I didn't take the chance to see him. What if he needed my help? I wasn't there and it's killing me inside.

In the same night, I had a serious talk with Jordan, after I brought Iduna to her own tent.
     I sat down at the bed and looked up at him, my head was down to earth though.
     "I know." He said, as if he could read my thoughts. "I already was questioning myself when you would bring this topic up."
    "Am I really so obvious?" I looked up to him, smiling.
    He began to grin, which was often more than an answer.

For an amount of time, we just lay in our arms. We enjoyed the time together and sucked our powerful love inside each other.
     But there was still this question, which has been lying on my tongue for some time: "How are we going to tell her?"
     "Just the truth. It's not like we're not coming back. We will be gone for maybe one year, maximum. Meanwhile the trolls suggested to take care of Iduna."
     "Wait, you already have talked with them?" I looked at him astonished.
     "We just knew that you wouldn't bear up very long. Everything's already planned." He said and gave me a lovely kiss on my forehead.
     I sighed enamoured and lay back down on his chest. "How are you always finding the right words?"
     "Well, being near you feels good."

In the next morning, we explained everything to Iduna. To our surprise, she understood and even believed herself that Jack might still be alive.
     "I haven't felt uncle Jack's presence yesterday during the northern lights. It may sound strange, but I think, deep down, I just waited for my Mum to tell me this story." She said. "When you'll find him, please tell him that. Oh, maybe you could bring him right away with, so that I can finally meet him." Iduna was very excited about that. I hope I can fulfil her wish.

Finally, we needed to say goodbye to each other.
     That was the most painful part.
     I almost even became weak and would have taken her with me.
    "She'll be fine." Jordan tried to calm me down. I know that she will be, but it still hurt.

-----------------------------------------------------------—

Olivia and Jordan are my OCs, although kind of also from another movies. Everything else will be explained in the "characters" blog or if you have a question, you can ask in the comments.

I would appreciate any kind of feedback, especially if you have criticism, I'm very open! ⛄️

Because I'm not a native speaker, my English may come off bad and I'm sorry for that. If you noticed any mistakes, please tell me right away so that I can correct them!!