Chapter 2 - Part 21

#FrozenPastff

Trigger Warning
Death scenes are slightly described in here.

————————————————————

Narrator's P.O.V.

     Days have passed.
     Maybe weeks.
     Iduna didn't know when the day started, nor when the sun set.
     She slept when she got tired and stood up when she couldn't sleep anymore. She was hungry and bored all the time.
     She asked the King if she could have a toy or something to play with but he answered that the Queen would notice if anything was missing.
     The King visited her everyday. He gave her a piece of bread and a cup of water. Sometimes two pieces if that was left after dinner. And he always gave her a new candle if the other one in her lantern was burned down. Otherwise the place would be pitch-black because there were no windows at all.
     But he didn't say anything because he was afraid that anyone could hear him. Iduna stopped talking to him as well. She knew he wouldn't answer.
     Sometimes she talked to herself, just to make sure that she won't forget how to speak. But most of the time, it wasn't a conversation, but prayers. She prayed to the spirits, to the trolls, to get her out of here. But nothing has ever happened.

     But one day, Iduna suddenly felt a cold breeze, after the King brought her food and water. She looked around and then she saw a letter lying on the ground.
     From where did this come from? She thought it might be a letter from the King. Because he didn't want to speak, maybe he wanted to write.
     Whatever it was, Iduna really hoped that it would say that she would be free in no time.
     She opened it carefully.

Dear Iduna,
     I know that you are angry with me for leaving you in Canada, although you knew that you were ready and I can only tell you how sorry I am for this.
     Yes, this is your mother writing this letter.
     But honestly, I am so happy and thankful that we haven't took you with. While you are reading the letter, I am long dead.
     See, we were travellers in Germany, hadn't really a place to stay and always slept somewhere else. We were targets for thieves. And this is how it happened:
     Jordan and I walked through the forest to the next market to buy some food. It was winter so we also needed to buy some blankets. But on the way there, thieves robbed us and wanted to know where we live. Usually we would have told them, but this time we couldn't. You have a sister. She was almost two years old when we died. We couldn't tell the thieves where we live because we needed to protect Arianna – your sister. The thieves got angry and so they shoot with guns. Jordan immediately jumped in front of me and caught all the bullets for me! He caught so many that I even wondered why he was still alive and could tell me that he loved me. I was so sad and overwhelmed by the situation that I completely forgot that the thieves were still there. They used the distraction for stabbing me into my back with a knife and so I died short after Jordan.
     But, we found ourselves soon after together in a parallel world. I met Grandpabbie. He told me what happened and that he only has a short time with us, until we move on to the afterlife. He showed us the future of you and Arianna. Sadly I can't tell you anything because then it won't happen like it is planned.
     But I can tell you that in the end, you will be happy and have wonderful children, just like your father and I had.

     And I'm so sorry for what happened on the island when you left! I can't tell you if your grandma is alive or not, because, you know, we can't mess up the future.
     She told you that I'm alive because she wanted you to fight. Otherwise you would have insisted to help her, am I right? But she wanted you to live and you should be thankful for that, my little girl.

      Also, what I really needed to tell you:
     Yes, we found your uncle Jack. His name is "Jack Frost" now. He is a winter guardian, so you might not have seen him yet but I hope you will after reading my letter.
     He is invisible until you believe in him; being the one who is responsible for winter. He can create snow out of his hands but only when he carries his stick. Also, he can fly. His hair is white, just like the snow itself. He's younger than me, due to the fact that he is immortal.  
     I'm sure you two will get along.

     Please stay strong! I know that you will find true love, just like Jordan and I did – or maybe you already have. (;
    Never loose hope because Jordan and I are watching over you in the sky and we make sure that nothing will happen to you.

     We love you very much! ❤️

     Iduna began to cry from the first sentence, where her mother mentioned that she was the writer.
     She dropped it and then covered her face into her legs. She was angry with her mother first that they left without her, but now she was grateful to be here. Although on the other hand she could have met her sister, but then she wouldn't have met Agnarr. But then she also wouldn't be in this dungeon.
     Now she was only sad and tired.
     Her parents are dead! And she wasn't with them. She hadn't seen them for eight years now and she was afraid to forget them. Although the beautiful memories will always stay in her heart, she wanted to remember everything.
     But how could she stand strong now? Her parents are dead, her sister that she never met lived in a different country over the sea and she didn't know if anyone on the island still was alive. Also, she was trapped in that dungeon and didn't even know for how long anymore.

     She began to loose herself.

————————————————————

If you have a question, you can ask in the comments.

I would appreciate any kind of feedback, especially if you have criticism, I'm very open! ⛄️

Because I'm not a native speaker, my English may come off bad and I'm sorry for that. If you noticed any mistakes, please tell me right away so that I can correct them!!