Chapter 2 - Part 20

#FrozenPastff

Trigger Warning
Fear of darkness and fear of getting kidnapped could trigger you. It's slightly described in here.

————————————————————

Narrator's P.O.V.

     – 2 years before, when Iduna left –

      As soon as the ship started sailing, Iduna could already feel the all well-known breeze of her home. She imagined how she would fall into the arms of her grandmother and see all her other friends again.

     But suddenly, the ship turned around and headed back to the castle.
     "Why are we going back?" Iduna asked one of the men who controlled the ship. Fear was growing bigger inside of her.
     The captain wasn't answering her and so didn't all the other guards.
     Iduna didn't know what to do. Was that a dream? She hoped. Why else would they ignore her?

     "Please. Tell me. What is happening?" Iduna asked a guard when she walked down into the sleeping room of the ship.
      One guard looked like he was struggling with his own thoughts, not knowing if he should do it or not. Iduna hoped that he would tell her when he was walking towards her, but what he did was the least she expected.
     He covered her nose and her mouth with a scarf until she couldn't get enough air into her lungs and passed out. After that he covered her eyes with that scarf so that she won't see anything when she wakes up. He put her then on the bed and stood guard.
     The other guards didn't look at him, they also didn't watch the scene and just looked further like they did all the time, as if they knew that his workmate would do that. As if everything was planned.

     When Iduna woke up, everything was black. She didn't see a single spot of light. The fear inside of her grew so big that she was even afraid of her own thoughts. Her breath was fast and hard. Her heart was so loud; she knew that everyone in the room could hear it – if there was anyone in the room with her. Or was she alone?

     "Good, you are awake." A male voice entered her hear. She knew that the voice sounded very familiar but she couldn't put her thoughts into order.
     When he was about to take the scarf of her eyes, he brushed her face, which caused Goosebumps all over Iduna's body. He heart beat even faster.
     But when she finally saw the light, her heart calmed a bit down. Firstly everything was a bit burry and her eyes needed to get used to it again.
     She looked over her shoulder and saw the King, Agnarr's father. She was unsure what he was doing here or what she was doing here but she didn't know how to make a question either.
     "Here, eat this." The King said and gave her a piece of bread with some butter on it.
     Iduna took it but didn't eat it. Not yet. Not until she knew what was going on.
     "You will be here for quite a while." He said and then stood up, walking towards the door.
     "Look, you should be grateful. The Queen wanted you dead. I saved you by putting you into that jail. If she finds out that you are here, she'll kill us both and you are never going to see my son or ever feel the sun on your skin again. That's why I advice you to be silent and hide under that blanket if you hear someone going down here. If it is me, I will knock a few times but you will hear the keys anyway, because only I own them." He stopped for a second.
     "But no one will come here because this place is lost. We don't keep the bad guys in here, but in another dungeon. The most of us don't even know that this place still exists." He explained and then locked the door. He put the keys into a pocket in his jacket.
     And then he left.
     Iduna still stared at the metal rods. So this was her new home now. But, for how long?

————————————————————

If you have a question, you can ask in the comments.

I would appreciate any kind of feedback, especially if you have criticism, I'm very open! ⛄️

Because I'm not a native speaker, my English may come off bad and I'm sorry for that. If you noticed any mistakes, please tell me right away so that I can correct them!!

|C| the pictures are all drawn by me!!