Chapter 2 - 5

#FrozenPastff

Narrator's P.O.V.

Agnarr was sitting by the fireplace and was eating bread with delicious eggs on it.
   His parents didn't show up. Lea said that his mother wasn't feeling well, which is why his father stayed with her. Agnarr knew it was a lie. But he didn't say anything. He just wanted to enjoy his dinner, for once.

He actually kind of hoped to see the brown-haired girl but she didn't show up. And he also started to think that maybe he just imagined the girl and she wasn't even there.
    But was his imagination really so wild? I mean, it would be explainable: he just wanted to have a friend.

The other kids did show up though – the kids about Lea talked before, with whom Agnarr could've played at the river.
     He wanted to start a conversation with them but he had no idea how to start it. And he didn't want to look awkward, so he just kept silent.

The dinner here was really a different thing. At his home, usually no one talked. There were three people sitting on a wide table with lots of space between them and guards standing at the door, quietly watching.
     There were guards here too, obviously, but no rules about the talking during eating. Some kids even played around while eating. Some were talking in small groups with each other. No one needed to stay at the fireplace – they could go wherever they wanted.
    They just took the meal on a plate – each had their own out of wood – and went to their favourite place with their friends or sat on the fireplace, maybe even went home.
    Agnarr obviously stayed at the fireplace, as he didn't know if he could just join a group of friends. But lea was sitting next to him, so it was fine.

"Are the clothes comfortable?" Lea asked after she finished her meal. Agnarr was still eating but almost finished.
    "Yeah, very much! Thank you." He answered.
    "Like I said, it's the least we could do." She said.

When Agnarr was finished with the meal, he put the spoon into the bowl and put it next to him on the ground. "Thank you very much for the meal; it was delicious." He honestly said.
    "No problem. Do you want some more? I'm sure there is some left."
    "Uh, that would be great. But if some of the villagers would want to first, that's fine."
    "We probably have more than enough. We actually made one gar more today than usually because of you guys."
    "Thank you." Agnarr said and then stood up. "I think I'm gonna get one more bread then I guess." He turned around and went back to the table.

There was a man standing behind some gars and was probably the one who gave the meals to each one. Agnarr haven't seen him yet.
    "You are Prince Agnarr, right?" the young man asked.
    "Yeah, that's me. But you can call me just Agnarr. No titles."
    "Okay, then, Agnarr. What do you want to eat?" he asked.
    "I think I'll try the soup." Agnarr gave the bowl to the man so that he could fill it up with the soup.
    "Is that enough or do you want more or less?"
    "That's fine. Thank you very much." Agnarr said.
    "That's your second meal, right? Was the bread with the eggs okay? I mean, did it taste good?" he asked.
     "Yeah, it was really delicious." Agnarr smiled.
    "Thank you. Sorry for the sudden question, but you know, this is my first week as a cook and I just want to make sure that I'm doing everything right. Also, cooking for royalty isn't something that every cook gets in their lifetime." The young man explained.
     "That's nice. Well, if it matters, I think you're doing great. I wish I could cook."
     "I can teach you if you want." He proposed.
    "That would be really nice. I mean, if you have the time for it. Also, I don't know if my parents would allow it. But thanks for the offer." Agnarr said and was ready to get to the fireplace to Lea back.
    "You can always come to me if you're ready. I'm glad I can help. Enjoy your meal." The man wave him goodbye with his arm and was smiling.

Also Agnarr seemed happy and the soup was delicious.

————————————————————

If you have a question, you can ask in the comments.

I would appreciate any kind of feedback, especially if you have criticism, I'm very open! ⛄️

Because I'm not a native speaker, my English may come off bad and I'm sorry for that. If you noticed any mistakes, please tell me right away so that I can correct them!!