Chapter 2 - Part 12

#FrozenPastff

Narrator's P.O.V.

     Some days have passed. Agnarr and Iduna played everyday and spent time together. He also got to know some other kids.
     He liked it very much here and hoped that his parents will take as much time for their business, as they can take. He didn't want to leave. He wouldn't know if they'd ever come back and he didn't want to see Iduna never again. He knew he would miss her a lot.
     So he decided to talk with his parents today about that. Iduna was probably with the gardeners at the forest anyway, so he had time the whole day.

     "Good morning, Father!" Agnarr said when he saw his father at the centre of the village, eating breakfast with some others.
     The King actually started a few days ago to eat with all of them, to show his respect for their culture.
     The Queen ate with some guards in her tipi because she didn't want to sit at the ground by a fire with so many people, who were under her rank. But it was okay. No one talked about it and just lived their lives.
     "Good morning, Son. Have you slept well?" he asked and pointed on the seat beside him, where Agnarr could place himself.
     "Yes, it was comfortable as always. What about you?" Agnarr asked back.
     "It was fine." The King answered. "By the way, are you free today? Your mother and I wanted to spend some time with you. We need make plans for Arendelle."
      "Yeah, sure. I actually wanted to talk with you two, too."

     After breakfast, the King and Agnarr both headed together to their tipis to take the Queen out for a walk.
     "Agnarr, son, we decided to leave this island tomorrow." His mother said.
     "Tomorrow already? Didn't you want to make some business with them? Is that already finished?" Agnarr asked a bit sad.
     "We did talk with them, we discussed a lot, but they didn't want our offer. We stayed a bit longer to show that we respect their culture but they still refused." His father explained.
     "If you allow me to ask, what was the offer?" Agnarr asked curiously. Besides, his parents took him with to show him how business looks like, but they never told him what the offer actually was.
     "No, you may not." The Queen answered directly. "If it didn't work, it's not worth to talk about it any more. We're done with this island. Let's be glad we can get out of here tomorrow."
     "Besides, Agnarr, what was it that you wanted to talk worth us about?" Agnarr's father asked then.
     After his mother's reaction about this island, he wasn't sure if he should ask them. He didn't want to make it any worse. "I actually wanted to ask when we're leaving so that I have enough time to say goodbye." He lied.

     The royal family sat on a rock field near a river together with the guards.
     Matthias, the personal guard of the Queen, was massaging her back and Agnarr's father was trying to calm her down. Every time she thought about this island, she got angry.
     Agnarr was looking at the river and his reflection. He was quiet and trapped in his thoughts.

     After some time of silence, when the Queen was relaxed again, Agnarr put all his confidence together and said: "Mother, father, I want to marry her."
     "Marry?" asked his Mother confused.
     "Father always told me that one day, when I am going to be king, that I will need a Queen to rule to kingdom with me. I want Iduna as my Queen."
     "Iduna? That little girl you've been spending time with the last few days?"
     "Yes, the girl with the beautiful brown hair."
     "But she belongs here. I don't know if we can take her just like that or if she even wants to go. Did you ask her?" asked his Father.
     "Yes, she would like to see Arendelle for herself."
     "But Agnarr, she is a poor girl. She will never be worthy of the throne."
     "But she is wise and smart. She knows a lot of things, even though they don't have any books here. And she is beautiful. And she makes me happy. I love her."
     "Oh, Agnarr, sweetheart. Love has nothing to do with ruling. You need to have a Queen that knows about business and can make you a son. You know that, right?" his mother asked.
     "I'm sure she can do that..." Agnarr said a bit qualmish.
     "Agnarr, please listen. Love is weakness. You won't be a good King if you have someone by your side who pushes you down."
     "But you love each other, don't you?" asked Agnarr.
     "Yeah but on a different base. We love the kingdom and we love to rule. That is our similarity and we focus on that. Not what our hearts want. The mind is the ruler, the heart will make you weak." The Queen explained.
    "That is not fair, Mother. Iduna said it herself: Life should be more about than doing what you have to do." Agnarr protested.
     "Enough, Agnarr! We won't change our decision. Go pack your things. We are leaving tomorrow!!" the Queen shouted angrily.
     Agnarr was about to cry and so he ran back to the village, straight into his tipi and sat on the floor. He was angry. And he was disappointed why his mother didn't let him be happy.

Some hours later

     Agnarr did pack his things, although he was still angry. But he wanted to take the Northuldra clothes with – the ones he found so comfortable. He put them at the bottom of his suitcase, so that his parents won't find out.
     When he was finished, he decided to go outside and say goodbye to everyone he had interacted with the last days. Grandma Tila, Amaruq, Iduna, Lea, Alexanda and more.
     He was so grateful meeting them and he just wanted to spend some more time.
     First, he wanted to say a few words to them and then spend a lovely dinner with all his friends by the fire. Sounded like a great plan!

     He stood in front of the tipi where Amaruq lives, the oldest villager out of the folk. He knocked on the door.
      "Agnarr. What can I do for you?" Amaruq nicely asked.
     "Oh nothing, I just wanted to tell you that we are leaving tomorrow. I mean, you probably already knew that, but I just wanted to let you know that you are an amazing leader and the others should be grateful to have you. You always find the wisest words in every situation and that's something I want to remember, when I'm going to be King." Agnarr said.
     Amaruq nodded. "I'm glad I could help you. You have a good heart, Agnarr. Don't let your parents destroy that passion."
     "Thank you. I will give my best." Agnarr answered.
     They hugged and Agnarr went on to the next tipi.

     This one belonged to Lea and Alexandra. Agnarr knocked.
     Lea opened. "Agnarr, hey, everything alright? You look tired." She noticed.
     "Oh, yeah, I'm okay. Okay, well, not actually." He answered.
     Alexandra heard them from inside so she also came to the door. "What's wrong?" she asked him worried.
     "My parents decided that we're leaving tomorrow."
     "Oh no! Already? But we had so much planned for you to see of the island..." Lea said sadly.
     "Yeah, I also tried to ask them if we can stay some days longer but my Mother would go crazy if we'll be here any more minutes. I'm glad that I have at least one day to say goodbye to everyone." Agnarr said. "Anyway, I wanted to tell you that you are an amazing couple and I wish you the best. Iduna told me about her mother, that she still isn't back from her journey, but I'm glad that she has you two. Please take good care of her."
      "Oh, Agnarr..." Lea sobbed and hugged him. Alexandra also wrapped her arms around them and they stayed like that for an amount of time.
     "We will miss you very much." Alexandra said and whipped away a tear of hers.
     "I will miss you too. We'll see each other at the dinner." Agnarr said and walked away.

     The next one on the list was Grandma Tila but she for sure was in the forest with Iduna and the other gardeners. So he'll have to say goodbye to them at the dinner.

————————————————————

If you have a question, you can ask in the comments.

I would appreciate any kind of feedback, especially if you have criticism, I'm very open! ⛄️

Because I'm not a native speaker, my English may come off bad and I'm sorry for that. If you noticed any mistakes, please tell me right away so that I can correct them!!