Chapter 2 - Part 18

#FrozenPastff

Narrator's P.O.V.

     Iduna was looking for the Queen but instead found the king. Actually this was a more perfect hit because the king wasn't so cruel.
     "Shouldn't you study?" he asked.
     Although he was mostly just nice to his son – and with everyone else cruel like the Queen – Iduna could still feel a bit of warmth in his heart, especially towards children.
     "I was feeling bad. I just wanted to catch some air." Iduna lied. She wasn't sure if she could tell him her plans or if he would scream at her, as she expected from the Queen. Although she didn't expect him to be that kind of person, one could never know for sure.
     "Okay. But go immediately back to your room, when you're feeling better. Understood?" he said and walked off.
     Iduna nodded, although he was already gone and so she ran outside.

     She took a very deep breath, which cost her to miss her home even more because the air there was way better. Here it was like you could smell the cruelty of royalty.
     Iduna stood some time outside, enjoyed the soft wind waving through her dark brown hair and thought about everything until she made a decision.

     In the next moment, she was in the inner walls of the castle again and was looking for the Queen – again.
     This time she really found her.
     The Queen already stared at the door, as if she was expecting Iduna to visit her.
     "You were right." Iduna said and the Queen started grinning right away.
     "Could you speak in a more detailed way? I don't have time for this." She said, although she knew exactly what Iduna was talking about.
     "I'm not the material for being the future Queen and Prince Agnarr deserves better than me." Iduna explained while bowing down. Her head almost reached the floor.
     "I will arrange a ship. You leave tomorrow morning." She said and it was probably the nicest thing she said to Iduna.

     Iduna then walked away and headed back to her room.
     Luckily, Agnarr decided to go to his room, so she didn't have to explain anything to him. She wasn't good at goodbyes with her loved ones.
    Yes, Agnarr was part of her heart and probably always will be. That's why it made everything harder and she felt so sorry for leaving.

                 – At the next day –

     Iduna had packed everything in a bag.
     She took her dress off herself and put it back in the closet.

      She was running downstairs and outside to the ship but was suddenly stopped by Agnarr.
     "Where are you going?" Agnarr asked first but after he noticed the bag on Iduna's shoulder, he asked again: "are you leaving?"
     One could tell by his low-pitched voice that he was hurt by the fact, but was trying not to show it much.
     "I'm sorry, but I'm not the Princess you are looking for. I'm not the one you should marry. You deserve better." Iduna explained, then turning around and starting to walk.
     But again, Agnarr stopped her by saying something.
     "Did my mother force you to say that?" he asked because he had a strong feeling that the Queen played a big role in this case.
     "No, neither of your parents have something to do with this. It was my own decision. I want to go back home." She said.
     She stayed there a little longer, just in case Agnarr would stop her again when she would walk away. But as he didn't, she walked further until he suddenly stood right in front of her. How come she didn't notice him running around her?
     "I hope you find your happiness there." He smiled and then hugged her. She was a bit surprised by his act, but reciprocated.
     While he wrapped his arms around her body and didn't have to look her in the eyes for a moment, a tear left one of his eyes and landed on Iduna's shoulder. He suddenly felt relieved, that she would at least take something from him with.
     "I will never forget you, Agnarr." She promised him, kissed him on the cheek and then quickly entered the ship.
     She didn't look back. She couldn't.

     "Now that she's gone, we can finally work on your discipline, my little Prince. She really messed you up a bit. At the end, I'm glad she made the right decision to disappear out of your life." Agnarr's mother, the Queen, came by to watch the ship, with Iduna on it, sailing away.
     Agnarr didn't say something, although he wanted to insult his mother for hating Iduna so much, even though he loved her. He didn't understand back then.

————————————————————

If you have a question, you can ask in the comments.

I would appreciate any kind of feedback, especially if you have criticism, I'm very open! ⛄️

Because I'm not a native speaker, my English may come off bad and I'm sorry for that. If you noticed any mistakes, please tell me right away so that I can correct them!!