Chapter 2 - Part 11

#FrozenPastff

Narrator's P.O.V.

     Agnarr woke up immediately when he heard the same deep loud sound like yesterday by the forest. As if someone blew through a horn.
     When he ran out of his tipi, Iduna was already waiting for him.
     "Was about time you stand up. I was just going to wake you up." She said, laughing.
     Agnarr was laughing too. How could the day start any better?
     "Hurry up! The reindeers are already on their way!" She said then and they both started running.

     When they got to the bridge, all the villagers were already here and also some guards were around.
     The guards of Arendelle obviously didn't know what was going on, as none of them were yesterday here when the gardeners came back from the forest.
     "Prince Agnarr, your parents are already safe in their tipis. We will protect you with all we have." Two guards ran by. They looked like as if they were looking for him the whole morning but relieved that they finally found him.
     "Protect me? From what?" Agnarr asked.
     "We don't know yet. But there must be a reason everyone's so excited. Don't worry, my Prince." One of the guards said.
     "No, you shouldn't worry. The villagers are so excited because the reindeers will cross the bridge soon. And if they need help, we will help them." Agnarr said.
     "Reindeers? Which reindeers?" the guards looked at each other questioningly.
     "You'll see, when they'll be here. Should be any moment now." He said.
     As Iduna noticed that they finished with the talk, she took Agnarr by the hand and pulled him through the crowd so that they're at the very front while the guards are in the back and won't see them.
     "No need to thank me." She laughed. Agnarr smiled.

     A few minutes later, the first reindeers were seen at the other side of the bridge. They didn't run because the babies were too slow for that of course.
     Agnarr was even more fascinated by these creatures than yesterday. They were so cute!
     "There! Look, Iduna!" Agnarr said when he noticed that a baby just tripped over a rock and couldn't stand up. He was about to run towards it, but Iduna stopped him.
     "Wait. The pack leader might feel attacked if you run towards his herd just like that." Iduna explained.
     "But what if the baby is hurt?"
     "Don't worry. Its mother will notice it. If not, we wait for the signal of the herders." Iduna said.
     "Okay." Agnarr nodded. He really hoped that the baby won't get hurt and that his mother will notice it soon.

     The reindeers were now all gathered at the other side of the bridge. The males already step on it and were almost half way over it but then they stopped and wouldn't want to go further.
     "Why are they stopping?" Agnarr wondered worried.
     "It's usually like that. They know about the legend too and are sometimes afraid that they might die here. Also maybe it's because of you guys from Arendelle. They can sense strangers and because they have never seen you, they don't trust you." Iduna explained.
     "Oh, I'm sorry. Shall I ask the guards to go away so they don't smell them?" he suggested.
     "No, running away won't solve any problems. Let the guards help so that the reindeers learn to trust them. It would be also best if you parents could be here."
     "They won't come. Maybe father might, but mother would only complain about how dirty animals are. It would be safer without them." Agnarr explained.
     Iduna nodded. "Okay then. We'll go after the herders."

     The herders slowly started walking towards the reindeers. They gave the males some carrots to show that they can trust them.
     The pack leader looked back to his flock and nodded as a sign that they shouldn't worry. The females also came closer now and got carrots from the herders.
     Now it was time for Iduna and Agnarr to slowly walk towards them. Iduna was very confident and already knew exactly what to do. She took a carrot and gave it to the first one she was standing in front of with. Soon after she pet them and cuddled with them.
     Agnarr watched Iduna doing that. He wanted to pet them too, so he slowly walked towards the male reindeer that Iduna was currently petting.
     But when the reindeer noticed that, he quickly looked up, ignored Iduna and only had Agnarr in his focus. He put his ears a bit back and eyed him. Agnarr noticed this change and stopped walking.
     But then he put all his confident together and stretched out his arm, hoping that the reindeer let Agnarr to pet him. Instead he wanted to bite Agnarr's hand, but luckily he could take his hand back quickly.
     Iduna watch the scene and then laughed. "I think he thought that you have a carrot for him." She gave him a carrot so that Agnarr could give it to the reindeer.
     Agnarr took the carrot and then stretched his hand again. The reindeer took it gratefully and ate it. After finishing his treat, he walked towards Agnarr and let him pet him. Agnarr and the reindeer became friends and cuddled.
     "I've never touched a reindeer before! They're so soft and warm, I love it." He thought out loud.

     When everyone befriended themselves with the reindeers, the herders walked towards the babies in the back. Some could easily walk alone and were helped by their parents, others had problems though.
     Each herder took one baby on their arms and walked with them over the bridge. When they passed the other villagers, they told them that everyone should look around and also take a reindeer if necessary. Iduna and Agnarr did so.
     Iduna actually found a baby reindeer very quickly. It was lying on the ground and crying.
     "Oh, poor little thing. Don't you worry, you won't be forgotten." She said and crouched down to take it on her arms. She started humming a lullaby to comfort the female baby and slowly went after the others.
     Agnarr was still looking around but it seemed like that everyone was rescued, so he followed them too, as a backmarker.

     Not all villagers went over to help, because it wasn't necessary. Some stayed at the beginning of the bridge; for example the mothers with their little children.
     When every reindeer crossed safely, the left villagers were cheering and everyone was happy.
     But the path wasn't over yet. Iduna told Agnarr that they needed to show the reindeers the way out of the village.
      Iduna and everyone, who carried a baby, let them down when they got to the end of the island, where the four rocks were standing.
     The babies reunited with their parents and the villagers crowded together around the rocks but behind the reindeers.
     Leaves circled around in front of the pack. It was the air trolls, which would show the reindeers the way out.

 It was the air trolls, which would show the reindeers the way out

————————————————————

If you have a question, you can ask in the comments.

I would appreciate any kind of feedback, especially if you have criticism, I'm very open! ⛄️

Because I'm not a native speaker, my English may come off bad and I'm sorry for that. If you noticed any mistakes, please tell me right away so that I can correct them!!