Chapter 2 - Part 7

#FrozenPastff

Narrator's P.O.V.

At the next day, Agnarr quickly stood up – even a bit before the sun rose – and went to the same place he was eating dinner yesterday. Today he will be eating breakfast with them for the first time and he couldn't wait for it.
     And of course he wanted to see the girl with that beautiful brown hair again.

When he got there, not much people were up, except for Lea and another woman, who were preparing everything. And the cook from yesterday was there too.

"Hey! Good morning!" Agnarr said, waving with his hand and going towards them.
     "Good morning, Agnarr. Have you slept well?" Lea asked.
     "Shouldn't you call him 'Prince'?" The woman whispered to Lea, but Agnarr could still hear it.
     "No that's okay. I asked her to only call me Agnarr. You can too. I don't want to have any titles while I'm on vacation." He smiled.
     "Okay then, Agnarr, my name is Alexandra." She said. "Nice to meet you."
     "Nice to meet you too." He said, hasn't stopped smiling though.

"By the way, can I help?" Agnarr asked then.
     "Yeah, sure, if you want to. You can help Tila with the bread." Lea suggested.
     "Okay." Agnarr looked around. He saw only one woman who was preparing the bread so he assumed that that this must be Tila.
     He walked towards her.
     "Hello, are you Tila?" Agnarr asked when he was at the table where she was standing behind.
     "Yes, I am. Do you need help, little one?" she asked. Agnarr found her voice very calming.
     "No, I actually wanted to help you. Lea suggested you might want to have help with the bread, so..."
     "Oh, yeah, sure. You can help me. I can always use a third hand." She smiled.
     "Okay. What shall I do?"
     "See the bread pieces over there?" She pointed on the table next to her and Agnarr nodded. "I already put butter on them. You can put these into the bowls. Make sure to leave something over because some people take their bowls with into their tipis, others leave it here."

Agnarr went over the other table and started doing what she told him to do. For him it was really fun and it was nothing like his parents told him.
     They always said things like: "working is for poor people, who like to make themselves dirty. But we are better man and we are above these creatures. We don't make our pure hands dirty."
     Agnarr didn't understand his parents' beliefs anymore. While he was preparing the bread with Tila, he didn't feel like he was making his hands dirty. It was really fun for him and he wished he could do this more often.

While Tila and Agnarr were preparing the bread, Lea and Alexandra everything else, the village was slowly waking up, as more and more people gathered around the fireplace.
     Friends and families sat together and started talking. Others were still alone but they didn't seem to be lonely, they were just too tired to talk and walked around, took some deep breaths and enjoyed the cool wind breeze.

Agnarr looked around and searched a very specific person.
     The girl with beautiful brown hair, whose name he still didn't know.
     Will she come to breakfast or do her own thing like she did yesterday during dinner? Was she always like that or did she just not like guests?
     Agnarr had so many questions and was a little impatient to finally get to know her.
     What was it about her, which caused Agnarr to feel so weird (but in a good way) around her?

"Hey, Agnarr, everything alright?" Tila asked when she noticed that Agnarr wasn't really present.
     "Oh, yeah, I was just thinking." He said and smiled shortly.
     "I hope it wasn't something bad." Tila said worried.
     "Oh, no, not at all."
     "Well then, the bread is ready. Looks like almost everyone got up and is hungry. Time to give out the bowls."
     Agnarr nodded. He took as much bowls as he could carry and walked around to give it out to everybody. He was in such a flow that he didn't notice that the last group were his parents.

"And what exactly do you think you're doing?" asked his mother, the Queen. It wasn't really asking though, it was more like judging and shouting. Everyone turned his or her head to them.
      "I prepared the bread with everyone and am giving now the bowls around. You can have some too, there's still much left." He said happily. He was proud of himself that he helped so much and he hoped his parents could see that too.
     "Your mother isn't dumb and can see for her own eyes." His father said.
     "Yes, I know. I'm truly sorry, mother." He bowed down out of respect.
     "Did they force you to work as their slave?" the Queen asked then.
     "No, mother. I asked if I could help." Agnarr said honestly.
     "You? You asked them?" She started laughing really, really loud. Even the animals started looking now.
     "Darling, please. Everyone is already looking."
     "And so? It's about time they know what an awful kid Agnarr is." The Queen said with no hesitation.
     Agnarr was shocked by his mother's words and was about to cry. But he stood strong, especially because the whole situation became more and more uncomfortable.
     The King beside the Queen sighed.

"Why are you saying such things about your own child?" Lea stood up and went towards the royal family. When Agnarr saw that, he shook his head to tell her that she shouldn't be doing this.
     "Excuse me?" the Queen asked and turned her head to Lea, who seemed very angry.
     "With all due respect, your Majesty, your behaviour may be accepted in Arendelle, but here, we have rules. If you don't stick to them, we won't let you stay here any longer."
     "You know what, maybe it's the best we all go." The Queen said while shrugging her shoulders. Her wish came true.
     "Lea, please, calm down." Alexandra stood up too and wanted to stop her girlfriend from getting more and more mad. As much as she hated the Queen too, she didn't want to cause any trouble, especially because she liked Agnarr and didn't want him to leave so early.

     Lea took a deep breath and then looked at her girlfriend, which was hugging her from behind. She let herself into the warmth of her love and ignored the world for a moment.

     "Besides, Agnarr, what is that you are wearing? The colour looks just as dirty as the thing they are eating from the bowls. Go and change yourself." The Queen noticed after a little while. One could clearly see that she needed to say this because she felt being beaten for a moment. She needed to roast somebody to feel above them again.
     Agnarr really wanted to protest right now because he loved the clothes, but the situation wasn't the best and he wanted all this negative vibe to stop. He bowed down in front of his mother and then ran away to his tipi. He threw himself on the bed and began to cry.

"I am sorry that it went so far, your Majesty. Lea is a person, who worries too quickly over other people and looses her temper fast. I'm sure you can forgive her. And let's not make any further decisions. You sure came here for a very certain reason, so let's focus on that and leave everything else behind. A bath in our warm river might help. You can have it all for yourself today." The Eldest of the village stepped in. He suggested it because he was a peacemaker by heart, but also because he knew something that no one else did.

————————————————————

If you have a question, you can ask in the comments.

I would appreciate any kind of feedback, especially if you have criticism, I'm very open! ⛄️

Because I'm not a native speaker, my English may come off bad and I'm sorry for that. If you noticed any mistakes, please tell me right away so that I can correct them!!