Chapter 2 - Part 22.2

Narrator's P.O.V.

"Your mother told me a lot about you and how you were as a child. She always wanted you to meet Arianna cause she said you'd make a very great bis sis." Jack said, smiling.

     "I really want to meet her someday. Does she know about me?" Iduna asked, also a bit of afraid of the answer.

     "Well, your mother died very early, Arianna was still young. I only knew what your mother told me, but I told Arianna everything I knew. She said she wanna meet you too. She said it really a lot. Even though she was so young, I just had a feeling that she knew. She knew what was going on, but she played it off. Loosing that playful spirit... really hurt."

     "You lost her? How?" Iduna asked a bit confused.

     "Well, I am an invisible boy who no one can see, except if they believe in me. In Germany no one believed in me, except your mother and your father. And Arianna, of course. Maybe you'd imagine that people start talking about who's feeding that little girl in the hut near the forest. I did feed her, I bought her enough supplies, clothes and food. I warmed her in winter, and I taught her everything I knew about the world. But her friends couldn't see me, and she was told being crazy for talking about an invisible uncle."

     He stopped and looked at Iduna, who was really touched by his words.

     "Everything alright, Iduna?" jack asked carefully.

     "I'm sorry, Jack. I don't know what to say... you lost my mother, then Arianna short after... nobody can see you... I... how do you never lose hope?"

    "I do. I did many times. But after your mother found me and I remembered everything, I know that there will always be someone who will believe in magic and therefore in me. It's hard to get going, I know. But if you don't, you'll never know if it'd have actually worked out, right? Just take one step after the other."

     "It's my fault, isn't it?" Iduna's face looked empty.

     "What is?"

     "They wanted to get back to Canada, to me, so they weren't careful enough. If they just stayed... if they stayed in Germany, they could've bought a much safer house, built a safe life and Arianna would still be with you." Iduna stuttered.

      Jack was shocked. That was not the Iduna his sister had described to him. But he knew that Olivia was right. Iduna was a playful spirit once, but something changed her.

     Olivia said Iduna and her kids will have a hard childhood but at the end they'll be happy and will reunite.

     But... it just made him so angry. Heck, he was an immortal with magic ice powers! He couldn't just sit around and do nothing.

Jack stood up and looked outside the bars of Iduna's jail. It was pitch black.

     "What are you doing?" Iduna asked.

     "There must be a way of get you out of here."

     "Only the king has the key, there is no other way. I already tried to dive under or break the bars, it's just not possible."

     "Everything's possible, if you believe in it." Jack mumbled while trying to push up the bars or crack them.

     "Stop! You are going to hurt yourself!" Iduna said and stood up as well.

     "I'm immortal, I can't get hurt that easily. But you, your heart is hurt, Iduna. I don't want you hurt. Our family apparently is destined to mentally hurt, but I won't let it happen to you. I can't just sit around and watch you break, because you are so much greater than this. You didn't deserve this and whoever did this to you will regret it. But firstly, we have to get out of here." Jack said. He repeated many sentences, but it was necessary.

    "Didn't mother say that you shouldn't interrupt my future?" Iduna asked worried.

    "Maybe. But she didn't tell me the whole future, not even a lot. Just that you'll hurt for some time but then get better. Who knows, maybe I was part of that future, helping you? If not, I don't care right now. Sometimes you just gotta get up and help destiny."

     Iduna nodded and washed away her tears. "Alright, we'll get out of here tonight."

------------------------------------------------------------