6

#FrozenPastff

Olivia's P.O.V.

There have been some more warm nights.
    But the days, weeks and months passed and the days were getting colder until it was freezing outside.
    We couldn't afford more to live in barns; otherwise we would only freeze us to death. We needed a real place to stay. Maybe not the whole winter, but at least some weeks before we continue our journey.

But there was also a different reason why we shouldn't be moving that much around: I was pregnant.
    Due to my belly, I'd say it was about 6 months. I really wanted to give birth to my child in Germany. I don't even know why. Maybe it was something else. Maybe I wanted it to be the first child in this family that wasn't born in Canada.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Jordan walked in to the room. I was standing at the other side of the door, by the window.
    "We're fine. I just wished Iduna was here." I tried to smile, but thinking of my daughter being so far away from us, only made me sad.
    "I know. I miss her too." He said. "That's why I was gone for some hours today. I bought ink and paper so that we could write her a letter. What do you think?"
    "That is a beautiful idea! Thank you!" I began to laugh out of happiness and jumped into his wide open arms.

I was so excited while writing but I didn't quite know what to say, except:
[I]    I love you, my daughter. Jordan and I miss you so much and we hope you are fine! I wished I could hold you right now in my arms and never let you go. But we haven't found Jack yet. We actually don't really know where to look because he could be literally anywhere.
  Should I tell her that I was pregnant? Or should I wait until the baby was born?

"Hey, how far are you?" Jordan came over. After he took a look on my text, he wondered and looked at me. "What's wrong? You are so good in writing letters, what is blocking you?"
    "I don't know. It's wrong. We shouldn't be writing this, we should be with her right now, telling it to her face."
    "I know, but it's better than nothing, is it? What if she's worried? She deserves to know everything. She needs to. Besides, everyone's taking real good care of her, we don't have to worry about it." He promised.
    "How do you know?" I asked.
    "I just do. As the most luckiest father, I can sense Iduna being happy right now."
    I laughed. "And I'm the most luckiest woman to call myself your wife. What would I do without you?"
    "You'd be probably bored." He smiled and kissed my forehead then.

"But... I mean, how long will we need to stay here? How much time will fly, until we finally find Jack? If he even is alive..." I got a bit desperate.
    "Uh, uh. Stop that. You are always that optimistic and you've never lost hope! We will find him. Okay? Look at me. Everything will be fine and we will experience a happy ending. You, Iduna, our second child and I. Our little family, together." He promised me.

I sometimes just wanted to drown in my doubts, but he was always there to pull me up. I loved him so much. Without him, the world would be useless, a waste of time.