Chapter 2 - 4

#FrozenPastff

Narrator's P.O.V.

Agnarr walked around the village and was actually enjoying being alone. In the castle, there were guards everywhere and you always felt so observed and couldn't really do something that you wanted.
     But here, everything was so easy-going and chill.

"Agnarr, right?" A blonde haired woman came towards Agnarr. She had a soft voice.
    "Yeah, that's me." The boy responded, smiling.
    "Would you like to have dinner with us? We are always sitting in the middle of the village around a fire and eating which we have cooked together." She explained.
    "Oh, yeah, I'd love too." Agnarr said. "But where exactly is the middle? Sorry, if it seems inappropriate."
    "Oh, that's fine! You've never been here, so it's pretty normal if you don't know where everything is. I'm gonna show you. Follow me!" the woman said and started walking, Agnarr following her.
    While they were walking, Agnarr still couldn't believe how nice everyone here was.

"Here it is." The woman said.
    They were standing by a huge fireplace. Around them were more tipis than there where Agnarr is living currently. The sun was still shining so the wood wasn't burning yet.
    "Not everyone is here yet because some are still preparing everything for the dinner or doing something else. The kids are probably out by the river playing games. You can join them if you want."
    "I'd love to. But maybe tomorrow. I don't want to be late for dinner." Agnarr said honestly. But one thing he didn't say out loud was that he was kind of also afraid of the other children. Since he didn't know much people in his age and never really interacted with them, he was worried of saying something wrong or making an embarrassing impression. Also, the other kids were probably in the middle of a game right now, so he didn't want to bother.
    "Oh, that won't be a big problem. The kids usually eat a bit earlier because they're also going earlier to sleep than the adults. Today we asked them to eat with us though as they could also stay up later than usual. If they'll come late, we won't make a big problem out of it, just be happy that they came at all." She explained to Agnarr.
    "Oh, that is kind of nice. But, you know, my parents will be mad if I don't follow the rules, so I'll rather try not to break them." Agnarr said, kind of being sad. He never thought how strict his parents actually were until he met these people. He felt bad.
     "Oh, okay. Well, you are allowed to do here whatever you want, pretty much. I mean, we have rules too but not that many and they're also pretty much self-explainable." She said.
    Agnarr smiled, even though he felt the opposite. "By the way, where are my parents?"
    "I thought they were already here." She thought. "Huh, well, I'm going to check on them." She said and turned around. She wanted to make a step forwards, as she noticed that she forgot something. "By the way, my name's Lea." She said and then finally went.

————————————————————

If you have a question, you can ask in the comments.

I would appreciate any kind of feedback, especially if you have criticism, I'm very open! ⛄️

Because I'm not a native speaker, my English may come off bad and I'm sorry for that. If you noticed any mistakes, please tell me right away so that I can correct them!!