Chapter 2 - Part 16

#FrozenPastff

Narrator's P.O.V.

      They arrived at Arendelle in a few days. The sea was calm; there have been no storms and the waves were low.

     "So, this is all yours?" Iduna asked when she saw the castle for the first time.
    "Yes. Well, I share it of course with my parents and some other guards, but I can go wherever I want, yes." Agnarr answered.
     "Wow, that is awesome." Iduna said. She found the castle from the outside really beautiful and wondered how it looks inside.
     "Do you want me to show you around?" Agnarr asked excited. He was really happy that he could bring her with. He knew she would love it.
     "Sure. But where will I sleep? With you in the castle or will I get my own house in the village?" Iduna asked then.
     "Well, of course with me in the castle! We have so much room that some rooms aren't even used at all. Some places in the castle already have gotten dirty because no one goes there." Agnarr laughed.
     "Okay then, the castle it is." Iduna said and followed Agnarr and the other guards into the huge castle.

     For the first it looked really overwhelming as if everything would fall down on her any moment. The walls were so high; you could barely see the top.
     When she saw the windows for the first time, she firstly didn't know for what they are but then she realized quickly. She laughed over her own thought, just because on her island they didn't have any windows. But you could compare the round door with one.
     "Do you like it?" Agnarr asked.
     "Well, it's a little overwhelming, but it's nice."
     "Okay, I'll show you your room then." He said and Iduna followed him again.

     They've reached it. Agnarr and Iduna went inside. Iduna widened her eyes when she saw that huge bed and all the closets, that window and the colourful walls.
      "And this is all mine?" she said.
     "Do you want more? I can give you another room if you want." Agnarr asked. He thought that Iduna found it a bit too few and he just wanted the best for his future Queen.
      "No, I actually would want something smaller like a tipi in my home. I don't know if I could get used to all that." Iduna said with a wryly smile.
      "Oh, okay. I could ask my parents if we have a smaller room but probably not on this stage. Besides, this room is right next to mine." Agnarr said and pointed to the right side.
      "I don't want to cause any problems. I guess this will be fine. Thank you." She said then and smiled.

     Awkward silence surrounded them. Iduna wanted to be alone but she didn't want to be impolite either.
     So she sat on the bed and was surprised how comfortable it actually was. She never could imagine how fluffy a bed was. She liked the bed on her island better though, but this was really soft! You could basically sink into it like a rock in water.
     "Agnarr? Could you please come to your father's office for a second?" the Queen shouted from another room.
     Agnarr woke up from his trance – he just couldn't stop starring at Iduna and was so happy that she was finally here with him. He then told Iduna that he would be back soon.

     "What is it mother, father?" Agnarr asked as he entered the room.
     "I see you brought her to the castle without telling us." The Queen said angry and disappointed.
     "I know, I'm sorry. But she was in danger. I just wanted to help her." Agnarr answered.
     "You could've put her somewhere safe and help the other guards who couldn't escape with us!" His mother raised her voice.
     "I couldn't, mother. I already told you that I love her. She was in danger and I just couldn't let it be like that. I wanted to know that she is safe and she could be only with me." Agnarr honestly said.
     "And I told you before that love is weakness! Look in what danger you needed to go to save her!"
     "It was worth it!"
     "Let's not discuss it now and just be happy that she survived. And that we are alive." The king interrupted the discussion.
     "And what about Matthias and all the other guards? He was the best in his job." The Queen raised one of her eyebrows.
    "There are hundred more guards that are just as good as him. You'll find another one." The king answered.
     "Please, mother, give her a chance. She'll be the perfect Queen." Agnarr begged.
     "Fine. I will teach her to be a real Queen. She will go with you to school and will need to learn for the exams." Agnarr's mother said. She already pictured in her mind how she would make Iduna's life a living hell.
     "Thank you." Agnarr hugged her. It was for the first time in forever that he did such a thing. The Queen was surprised and wanted to shout at him for not bowing down and crossing her personal border, but when the King smiled, she just let it be. Only this time.

————————————————————

If you have a question, you can ask in the comments.

I would appreciate any kind of feedback, especially if you have criticism, I'm very open! ⛄️

Because I'm not a native speaker, my English may come off bad and I'm sorry for that. If you noticed any mistakes, please tell me right away so that I can correct them!!