Chapter 2 - Part 22

#FrozenPastff

Narrator's P.O.V.

     "I know how you feel, Iduna." A boy said.
     Iduna looked up and then she suddenly saw a boy with white her and a stick. He looked just like the boy that her mother described in the letter. "You are my uncle, aren't you?" she asked.
     "Yes, I am Jack Frost and am very happy that you can finally see me." He said and sat beside her on the ground.
     "Your mother died inside my arms. Seeing her go wasn't easy, especially because I saved her once but couldn't do it a second time."
     "At least you saw her in her last minutes. I haven't seen her for some years now." Iduna said and couldn't stop her tears.
     "But she'll always be in your heart. That's what she also told me before she went." Jack said.
     "I'm afraid of forgetting her and all our beautiful memories together." Iduna said honestly.
     "I know. I know exactly how you feel because after I will deliver your sister's letter, all my memories will be erased."
     "How do you know?"
     "The moon told me. You know, after I saved your mother when was 10 years old, I fell into the water, making everyone think I was dead. In fact, I actually was. But the moon saw my sacrifice and so he turned me into the winter guardian. I'm immortal, I have ice powers and I can fly. But the only catch is that I don't remember who I was before that and people can only see me if they believe that I am the one who is responsible for winter."
     "Wow, you can talk to the moon?" Iduna asked excited.
     "Not really. However, after I experienced for the first time that no one can see me, I felt lost and hurt. I walked around the world for so many years, not knowing who I was or where I come from. I was always afraid of actually being a bad guy. I asked the moon but he never answered. Then one day, your mother shouted my name during a winter in Germany. I didn't recognize her due to my lost memory but I felt a connection. She told me everything that happened and that I saved her. Slowly my memories came back after I spent everyday with her, Jordan and Arianna."
     "Can you tell me about her? I mean, Arianna, my sister?" Iduna interrupted.
     "Yeah, soon. The story first. My life was beautiful and it couldn't get better. But apparently it could get worse. Like your mother said, she went with your father to the next market but they were killed by thieves. When she was in the parallel world, the moon told me that I should get there but he didn't want to tell my why. So I flew there and when I saw your parents lying on the cold ground, I first didn't want to believe. A few time after Olivia woke up and asked me if I have a piece of paper and a pen. I indeed had it, just like the moon told me before. She wrote everything down without telling me what was going on. When she finished, she explained that I need to give one letter to you when you are 14 years old and the other to your sister, Arianna, when she will be 20 years old. Then, she died in my arms." Jack explained and couldn't stop his tears at the end. He whipped them away though because he wanted to stay strong for Iduna.
     "I'm sorry. I don't think I would have survived it, seeing my parents die." Iduna said and leaned onto Jack's shoulder.
     "However, after your mother died and I was there and crying over her, the moon spoke to me one last time: 'after you have done your job, you will loose your memory about them again because a battle in the future awaits you. But until then, you may not know who you are because that will be part of the battle. However, you will find your true self during fighting and will remember everything, even the parts that I will erase from you again.'" Jack said.
     "Why would the moon do that? Why are memories a bother for a battle?" Iduna asked confused.
     "I don't know. But I guess I will have to find out. But still, you are 7 years older than Arianna so we have a lot of time, until I give your sister the letter on her 20th birthday." He said and smiled. "By the way, you wanted to know more about Arianna, didn't you?"

————————————————————

If you have a question, you can ask in the comments.

I would appreciate any kind of feedback, especially if you have criticism, I'm very open! ⛄️

Because I'm not a native speaker, my English may come off bad and I'm sorry for that. If you noticed any mistakes, please tell me right away so that I can correct them!!