Chapter 2 - 1

#FrozenPastff

Narrator's P.O.V.

"Son, could you please come to my office?" shouted an older man from another room.
    "Yes, of course, father." A little boy responded, and then ran out of his room he was currently in, into the workplace of his father.
    "Your mother and I planned to take you on a journey. Since you're old enough to see what it's like to make business with other kingdoms." He said very serious, but in a positive way.
    The man had rather dark skin, but not black, was thin and tall.  He also wore a crown, as a sign to be the king of this Kingdom. He currently sat at a wooden desk. Behind him was a huge picture that showed him holding the sceptre at his coronation day, which was the same day as the wedding with his wife, so the Queen stood close beside him and wore a white dress.
    The young boy began to smile bright. He had never been before on a journey with his parents, he was very excited about it. "I can't wait to go with you, father."
    "Great. Now that's done, your father and I would like to have some time alone. Go pack your things, Agnarr!" A woman, a bit younger than the king, stepped into the room. "Tomorrow, in the early morning, the ship will sail and it won't wait."
    She was wearing a hoop petticoat, although her body was rather thin. Her back was full up straight; it almost looked unrealistic. She could've balanced 10 books on her head and they wouldn't fall down. One could clearly see that she's the Queen.
    The boy's bright smile disappeared, as soon as he heard his mother's voice. It turned into a serious smile. He then bowed in front of her mother as a sign of respect.
    "I'll be ready." He promised her, then ran outside, back to his own room again.

The Queen looked down on his husband, who was still sitting on a chair.
    "Are you sure he's ready? Shouldn't we wait to take him on a not so dangerous journey?" she asked him.
    "Agnarr may look young, but up here", he pointed onto his head, "he is older than anyone else at his age. It's time for him to learn how to trade with other kingdoms." The king said and he really meant it, because he believed in his son.
    "I hope you're right." The Queen said quietly and then walked out of the room. The conversation was over; it was always over whenever the Queen wanted so.

When Agnarr wanted to pull out some clothes of his wardrobe, he noticed that his suitcase was missing. He called a guard.
    A black-skinned man entered the room.
    "Fernando, you are not a guard." Agnarr spoke out his thoughts.
    "I am pretty aware of that." He laughed. "But the guards are currently all busy with helping your parents get their luggage on the boat. I wouldn't want you to wait. Besides, your mother was just telling me to take a look on you." He explained.
    "Why is that so?" the young boy asked.
    "You know your mother, she's just worried." He said, although he knew how his mother was. He was just saying what he needed to say to not loose his job.
    "Yeah..." Agnarr thought. "So, uh, have you seen my suitcase then? I'm sure it has always been in my wardrobe."
    "I don't think I have, but I can ask around. I'm sure it is here somewhere in the castle." He said. "Is there something else that you need?"
    "No, thank you, Fernando." Agnarr smiled. "Oh, and please tell my mother that I'm fine. Just in case she will ask."
    Fernando nodded and walked out of the room.

While Agnarr waited for his suitcase to be found, he sat on his bed and thought about the next day. He wondered where it could go, which new place he will see.
    Could he find a new friend? 'That would be awesome!' he thought.

Suddenly, his mother stepped into his room and was wondering why he sits so thoughtful on his bed. "Why aren't you packing, Agnarr?"
     "Oh, sorry, mother! My bag is missing." He answered. Also, he wondered when his mother entered the room because he only noticed her when she was standing in front of him.
    "Oh! How could it be missing? It was always here." She thought. "Haven't the guards done their jobs right? They will get their punishment for not treating my son respectfully!" she promised.
     "No, mother, please! Fernando already is looking for it." Agnarr said.
    Just in the perfect moment, Fernando knocked on the door and then entered with a medium suitcase in his hand. "Is this the one you're missing?" he asked.
    "Yes! Thank you, Fernando." Agnarr smiled and took the suitcase. He opened it and put it one the floor, so that he can put his clothes easily into it.
    "Well, it was about time. Next time, be quicker." The Queen commented and gave Fernando a warning look. The guard nodded.
    "Is there anything I can do for you, my son?" the Queen asked nicely but Agnarr shook his head. Fernando and the Queen left the room then.

Next morning

Agnarr got up early, as his parents wanted. He was actually the first one who waited at the docks.
    The ship was already here but the captain got a strong order that he's not allowed to let anyone at the ship until the Queen itself was on it.
    So, Agnarr was talking to one of the guards. Although they were not really allowed to talk during duty, Agnarr made sure that his mother wouldn't notice. He liked talking to them because they were his only friends. He wasn't allowed to go to the town because his parents didn't like the though of him spending time with people, who are under his rank.

————————————————————

If you have a question, you can ask in the comments.

I would appreciate any kind of feedback, especially if you have criticism, I'm very open! ⛄️

Because I'm not a native speaker, my English may come off bad and I'm sorry for that. If you noticed any mistakes, please tell me right away so that I can correct them!!