Chapter 2 - Part 14

#FrozenPastff

Narrator's P.O.V.
but with Iduna as the protagonist

     Iduna and Agnarr looked at each other, not knowing what to do and how to calm their folk down.
     The Arendelle royals were attacking with sharp swords, while the Northuldras were trying to defend themselves with their strong wooden stabs.
     Although Tila didn't want to, she grabbed a stab and defended her folk too. As the second eldest, she was ready to sacrifice herself for her people and would do everything for them to survive.
     The only ones who didn't fight were the kids. Some already ran away with their mothers out of fear, but Iduna and Agnarr stood in the middle and were desperately figuring out what to do.

     When the rock giants were about to crash everyone, little birds covered in fire flew by and stopped them.
     Iduna got hope that the spirits would fix everything.
     The rock giants turned around and went back. Iduna was about to cheer with Agnarr but before they could do that, the firebirds turned around to them and flew with some fast speed into their direction. They landed on trees and covered them with fire.
     They jumped like little squirrels from tree to tree. After the fire surrounded everyone, the birds flew on the ground and also covered that with fire.
     Iduna screamed "Everyone! Get into safety!" as she noticed how focused they were on the battle, that they completely forgot the outside world.
     When they looked around and stopped the fighting, everyone panicked and tried to find a way out of there but it was nearly impossible, unless someone could walk through fire.
     "Why are the spirits doing that? I don't understand..." Iduna desperately whispered to herself and tried to find a solution.
     Her mother always talked about how much she respected this island and how wise the spirits are. Iduna was sure she'd follow her mother's footsteps and began to learn more and more about all the legends.
     When the trolls noticed how much she had after her mother, they introduced themselves to her. That was when her parents already were in Germany to look for Jack.
     Iduna was feeling alone, although she had her Grandma, but that was not the same. The trolls shared stories with her that no one could and she was so grateful for that. She loved this place and couldn't imagine somewhere else to be as happy as here.
    So, why? Why were they doing this now?

     "This way!" lea shouted from the other side of the circle and waved with her arm to get the people's attention. She found a spot where everyone could pass.
     When the Arendelle royals noticed that, they ran firstly out of it and didn't care about the others. They also didn't care about the war anymore; they just wanted to get out of here. Agnarr was still with Iduna though.
     Iduna waited for her grandma. Because she was a bit old, she couldn't run so fast. Also she was a bit hurt by the fight.
     "Go, Iduna. Go. I'm right after you." Tila said. Iduna nodded and ran with Agnarr out of there.
      "The ship is ready, we can escape there." Agnarr suggested and Iduna nodded.
      "Alright. Let's also get the others to your ship. I'm sure it's big enough to take a few more Northuldras with, isn't it?"
     "I'm sure it can handle it." Agnarr said.

     When Iduna heard someone cough, she immediately stopped and so did Agnarr.
     "What is it?" he asked.
     "Grandma!" Iduna saw how her Grandma Tila just fell down her knees and couldn't get up. She had too much smoke in her lungs and breathing hurt. Iduna was already behind the fire so she could easily escape. Agnarr waited for her. But she couldn't. Her grandma was the only family member she still had. So she took all her courage and ran into the fire.
     "Iduna, no..." Tila whispered with all her left strength.
     "Hold on, grandma. We're gonna get out of here." Iduna promised. She tried to get her up but wasn't so strong, of course.
     "Iduna, please. Get into safety. Otherwise we both are going to die."
     "I'm not leaving you. You're all I still have." Iduna cried.
     "I love you sweetheart. But please, listen. If you don't get into safety, I will never forgive myself. Please. I am strong and I will survive. But I can only fight when I know that you are okay." She said and also started crying, but it wasn't that dramatic as Iduna.

     "Iduna?" Agnarr screamed. Iduna couldn't see him but she knew it was his voice. He was waiting.
     What should she do? Trust Tila that she'll make it or run away with Agnarr? What if he's in danger too?
     "Iduna. Listen. The air trolls yesterday came to me and told me that your mother is alive. Like you have always believed. They are still in Germany but they are alive and trying to get home. Your father is fine too. They are working hard to get back to us. Please. You need to be strong now."
      "My parents... I knew it. Everything is fine. They found uncle Jack and he is protecting them." She loudly thought. "Don't worry grandma, I will come back. I have an idea." Iduna said and washed away her tears.
     "Wait." Her grandma said and pulled something out of her bag. "It was your mothers'. Take it." She gave Iduna a red scarf, which Iduna thankfully took.

      She wrapped the scarf around her body and then ran to the end of the forest, where Agnarr was. When she reached him, she took him by the hand and ran further.
     "Where are we going?" Agnarr asked surprised.
     "Save the island." Iduna said convinced.
     "How?" Agnarr asked.
     "Do you trust me?" Iduna said serious.
     "Yes, but we have to get to the ship. It is the only way off the island and we should think about surviving." Agnarr said.
Iduna abruptly stopped. "You think about running away."
     "No, I think about surviving."
     "It's the same thing. But fine, if you want to run, go. I have to save my people." Iduna said. She let go of his hand and waited, just in case he would change his mind. She wasn't sure if she should say goodbye or not. At the end, she just ran without saying something.
     "Iduna! No! Wait!" Agnarr screamed. He saw her running into the fire and then she disappeared in the shadows.
     He would never be as strong as that girl. He was too afraid of going after her. He wanted to survive.
     Also, his parents and all the other guards were already at the ship, his family was there. He hated himself for that, but after his tear landed on the burnt ground, he turned around and walked away from the forest.

————————————————————

If you have a question, you can ask in the comments.

I would appreciate any kind of feedback, especially if you have criticism, I'm very open! ⛄️

Because I'm not a native speaker, my English may come off bad and I'm sorry for that. If you noticed any mistakes, please tell me right away so that I can correct them!!

Credits to the artist, who made the picture I used for this chapter! I for sure didn't make it, I just found it on Pinterest.