11

#FrozenPastff

Olivia's P.O.V.

I opened my eyes, as I woke up.
    The world around me was pitch-black. I neither know where I was, nor why I was here.
    Suddenly there was a creature getting bigger, as it walked towards me. It kind of looked familiar. When he was standing in front of me, I noticed; it was the oldest guardian of my home, Canada.
    "Are we back home again?" I asked. And I pretty much assumed it, because why would he be here anyway? Or how did he come here?
    "No, Olivia. You are sadly not. Do you not remember anything?" he asked me then.

My memories were gone, as if someone erased them. I only knew that I was in Germany, with Jordan, because we were looking for Jack. But then... there was this deep hole inside my head. Why couldn't I remember? Where was Jordan anyway? Why does this place, where I'm currently at, talking with the eldest troll, feels like a dream and not real?

Grandpabbie took a deep breath. "You're dead, Olivia."
    The sentence hit me like a knife.
    "I can't be. This... this is not how death looks like, is it?"
    "No, it's not. This is the realm between life and death, where I can talk with you. I must show you something. It is really important and we don't have much time."
     "If I'm dead, why can't I remember how I died then?" I asked, even though I knew how urgent it is when he says that it is something important he needs to tell me. But I wanted to make sure if this was really a world between life and death or if it was a dream, maybe a vision that might happen in the future, but not yet.
    "Your memories should come back, right now. Just breathe slowly, and don't panic. You only don't remember because you are afraid of this truth, but don't be. What I am gonna show you now is beautiful, believe me."

Suddenly Jordan appeared next to me and took my hand. I could feel his warmth, as if we were still alive. Our hearts pounded normally and I could hear his calm breath.
    "I saw it too, Olivia. It is truly beautiful. But you first need to remember how we died." He said.
    "Wait... you're also dead?" By this thought I began to cry. Imagining yourself being dead is one thing, but hearing that the person you love most is dead, just hurts.
    Jordan wrapped his arms around me to calm me down, while I was breaking. I cried so long. I was trying to supress my memories but being around Jordan calmed me down even if I didn't want to. The memories slowly came back and it hurt only more.

Jordan and I were saying goodbye to Arianna.
    But it wasn't forever; it was only for one or two days. We needed to get some more supplies. It was winter and we needed to buy some food, but the next market didn't have much so we decided to visit the next near one, which came after this forest.
    While we were in the forest, thieves robed us.
    We gave them everything we had but they wanted more. They wanted us to show where we live so that they could take everything else. We lied that we have no home, because we wanted to protect Arianna, of course. But they didn't believe us.
    Suddenly, they took out guns and knives and threatened Jordan to kill me, his wife, if he didn't speak.
    He begged them to kill him and not me. But they only laughed.
    And then there was a gunshot.
    Jordan, who stood beside me a second ago, was then standing in front of me. He was so shocked but when I looked at his belly, which was bleeding, I couldn't even cry out of shockingness.
    "I love you, Olivia. I love you so much." Were his last words.
    I just wanted to turn back time. Anything.
    I couldn't believe my own eyes.
    And because it always could get worse, they shoot again. And again.
    Jordan took so many bullets for me, he was bleeding from every part of his body.
     "Stop!" I screamed. Couldn't they see that he is already dead?! How can someone be so cruel?
    Jordan fell down on the earth. I caught him. My hands, my clothes, everything sucked in his blood. This warm blood was all over me. I cowered over him, my tears flooded out of me. I cried and I screamed.
    "Please wake up!" I first cried out loud but then my voice broke up and I only whispered. "Wake up, Jordan! Don't play around! We're not kids anymore!"

The world around me disappeared. There were only us two.
     Maybe it was a mistake, that I ignored the thieves, because then they could slowly walk behind me and stab me with a knife in the back.
     I was shocked but my head couldn't take it anymore, so I passed out.
    Then I woke up here in this parallel world.

"I love you very much too, Jordan!" I cried into his shoulder. "I love you more than anything!"
     "It shouldn't have ended like this, I know. I have planned for us so much, but I guess, we'll have to continue in heaven." He always wanted to make the best out of every situation.

"I'm sorry, Olivia. I wish I had been there to help you. But, everything that happens has a reason. And after every painful moment, there comes happiness. Please, look at what I need to show you." He said.
    He was right. We can't turn back time, even if we want to. I washed my tears away and looked up.
    He drew something with his hands in the air – like he always does when he's casting a magical spell. And then he pushed his hands towards me. It was like the flood hit me, but not in a hurtful way.

————————————————————

Current song playing: "little do you know" ~ Alex, Sierra

————————————————————

Olivia and Jordan are my OCs, although kind of also from another movies. If you have a question, you can ask in the comments.

I would appreciate any kind of feedback, especially if you have criticism, I'm very open! ⛄️

Because I'm not a native speaker, my English may come off bad and I'm sorry for that. If you noticed any mistakes, please tell me right away so that I can correct them!!