9

#FrozenPastff

Olivia's P.O.V.

"But, this is not everything that happened."
"What do you mean?" I asked, worried.
"I mean, a lot has happened the last years. But directly after I landed on that tree for the first time I was flying, I saw fire from not so afar and so I decided to take a look. Maybe there were people who could help me out. So I flew there. I started talking to a little boy who ran towards me. I expected him to stop, look at me and answer my question. But he ran directly through me, just like the man I showed you before. That was the first time I experienced the negativity of my re-awaking."
"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, Jack!" I began to cry.
"It's okay. Its not your fault." He smiled and tried to give me the feeling that he was right. But I knew he wasn't. I did remember everything, unlike him.

"Actually, I think it is." I said after a while of silence.
"What?" he laughed shortly. "Why do you think so?"
"You fell into the water because of me." I looked up at him. I could see his fear. Finally getting to know what really happened to him. He was curious, but also afraid – of me. Maybe he thought right now that I killed him.
"Tell me everything. Don't miss any detail, even if I might not be happy about it. Please." He begged.
I took a deep breath. I had to face my biggest nightmare, which haunted me since that day in my dreams. I couldn't even hold back my tears anymore.
"It was a usual sunny day in the middle of winter. We both decided to go ice-skating again. We always went to the frozen lake, which wasn't even so far away from our house but it still took a while to get there. To get there sooner, we played 'tag, you're it'. I loved that game so much. And you were always teasing me because you cheated while climbing on a tree and then scaring me by landing in front of me. But it was always funny. When we got to the lake, you gave me my ice-skates and I put them on. You didn't have one – you were barefoot all the time. Our family wasn't very rich but you didn't want them to buy you shoes because you didn't matter as long as I felt fine. You wanted them to save the money, just in case I get sick and we needed to buy a medicine for me. You were always there for me..."
I paused because I was nearly breaking. Even though my brother was finally here, sitting next to me, thinking about our happy childhood is making me fall apart inside. "I'm sorry, I can't."
"No, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I forgot having such a beautiful sister. I didn't realize that it must been hard to see me again, like this."
He moved a step forward to me and then hugged me. I leaned inside his strong arms and cold body, although it was weird because he was smaller than me. He didn't grew since we last saw us, he was still the same young boy that I lost.

"It's okay. I mean, it's probably not your fault. I'm just being dramatic again." I said after a while when we stopped hugging.
"Probably. But it's okay. I understand you. And besides, talking with you today... I think it slowly brings my memory back. I still don't remember, but I feel a strong connection between us and everything you told me about my past self, it felt like if it's a part of me."
"It does? I hope it will come back soon."
"I hope so too."
"Anyway", I said after I stopped with crying and washed my tears away. "After I put these ice-skates on, we were skating on the frozen lake, dancing and having fun together. But after a while, the ice cracked a bit. We were unable to move, unless it would break completely. Due to us standing in the middle, there was no real escape. I said I was scared. My whole body was shaking. You tried to calm me down and I just wished to be as confident as you were. You said we are going to play a game. I should move slowly forward and just listen to your voice. 'don't look down, 'just don't look and listen to your big brother' I told myself. When I was as close to you as you wanted me to be, you grabbed your stick and hurl me away, out of the reach of the ice cracking. I looked up and we were both laughing at each other. Especially you, because you were so happy that you saved me. But then, suddenly, the ice underneath you broke and you fell inside. 'Jack!' I screamed. I reached my hand out to you, but you were already too deep. I couldn't move for some minutes. Everything inside me fell apart and I froze. I couldn't feel anything, I just heard my heart racing like hell. I was hoping it to be a bad dream and so I tried to wake myself up, but nothing worked. Eventually, after coming back and realizing this is reality, I walked home. My life had changed completely. Just like yours, I guess."
"So that means I'm a hero, right?" he was laughing and dancing in the air. He seemed happy and I wondered why.
"Yeah, why are you asking?"
"I theorized I could be a serial killer and this was my redeem for doing so many mistakes, that I needed to suffer here some time until I was free to go the underworld – or whatever happens after death." He explained.
"You did? Don't you think that's a bit extreme? Why would you have powers then?" I thought.
"Yeah, you're right. Doesn't make much sense, does it? At least I can live in relieve now." He sighed.
"So can I."

————————————————————

Olivia and Jordan are my OCs, although kind of also from another movies. If you have a question, you can ask in the comments.

I would appreciate any kind of feedback, especially if you have criticism, I'm very open! ⛄️

Because I'm not a native speaker, my English may come off bad and I'm sorry for that. If you noticed any mistakes, please tell me right away so that I can correct them!!