Chapter 4 : 파스타

Rosé's POV

I got in bed that night, Lisa's words just ringing in my head. "park chaeyoung.. why did you have to stomp on my heart?" was all I heard, all night.

I tossed around under the sheets, my tears flowing out my eyes like waterfalls. Ugh, why do I feel so helpless.

All I want is to pull her in my arms and hug her tight, tell her everything will be alright...

Wiping off my tears, I grabbed my Lisabear and her favourite hoodie.

Putting the hoodie on and hugging the bear Lisa got for me, I found a little comfort in that.

- Flashback -

- Flashback -

Rosé's POV

I got off the phone with Appa, he had some upsetting news, "Chaeyoung-ah, your Eomma.. she's in the ICU right now.

She's going to go for surgery in an hour." All I could feel was my heart breaking into pieces, Eomma was fine when I saw her last month.. but I was told she got hit by a car running a red light.

As I hung up the phone, I couldn't feel my knees.

They started to weaken and next thing I knew I was on the floor, bawling my eyes out.

It was unfair that Eomma was suffering because of a reckless driver. I felt so lost and hopeless, I didn't know what to do.

I felt a pair of hands cupping my face, wiping my tears with their soft thumbs. I looked up, my vision still blur from the tears in my eyes, locking eyes with Lisa's.

"Chaeyoung, I don't want to leave you alone right now, but would you trust me on this? I'll be back in 10 minutes. Is that okay?," Lisa said in hopes of comforting me, giving me an apologetic smile.

I was at a loss for words, but I nodded my head in between sobs and waited for Lisa to hurry back.

8 minutes later

Lisa rushed in through the doors, slamming them open as she wheezed.

"L-Lisa?? Are you okay?," I sniffed, genuinely concerned that something was wrong.

She smiled widely at me as she walks in my direction, her hands behind her back. She extends a hand towards me, her eyes gazing deep into mine. "Sunshine, I'm right here."

I let Lisa help me get up, she pulls me into a tight hug as a few more tears stray down my cheeks.

"Chaeyoung, I'm sorry to hear about Eomma. I've called my agent to book us the next flight out" she smiled "but until then, can I have this dance?".

Silly Lisa, I let out a little laugh while wiping my tears away.

She held a teddy bear in her hands, but she put it on the couch next to us.

Grabbing her phone, she clicked "play". (Please play this song while reading the part below! :) )

By Your Side - The 1975

Lisa gently pulled me into her embrace, my arms wrapped tightly around her neck, my face buried in her shoulders.

She starts swaying our bodies to the melody.

You think I'd leave your side baby
You know me better than that
You think I'd leave you down
When you're down on your knees
I wouldn't do that

I'll tell you you're right when you're wrong
And if only you could see into me

Oh when you're cold
I'll be there
Hold you tight to me
When you're on the outside baby
And you can't get in
I will show you
You're so much better than you know
When you're lost and you're alone
And you can't get back again
I will find you
Darling and I will bring you home
And if you want to cry
I am here to dry your eyes
And in no time, you'll be fine

I smiled at Lisa's romantic gesture.

Giving her a lingering peck on her lips and whispering "I love you" into her ear.

She looks at me lovingly, kissing my forehead. "I'll always love you, Park Chaeyoung."

The song ended and we collapsed on the couch.

Lisa picking up the bear she had brought earlier, and sitting it in between my hands.

"If I'm running late to dry your tears, Lisabear here will help keep you company" she grinned.

"Aish" I blushed "Babe, you're being so cheesy, I can't."

Lisa laughed and pulled me into a tight hug.

- End of Flashback -

I grabbed my phone and scrolled to a playlist Lisa made for me awhile ago, when we were still together.

She made me dozens of playlists, but she made this one on my Spotify account when I was in the shower.

I clicked "play" and the first song was By Your Side.

Those bittersweet memories started playing in my head as if in a loop.

I looked at Lisabear "Sigh... what do I do when I miss you so much it hurts?".

Just as the song was about to hit its chorus it paused for an incoming call. "Lisa... ?".

I let it ring a few times before answering the call.

Lisa: chaeyoungie.. no wait.. rosie haha. Rosie

Me: ...Lisa are you home safe?

Lisa: yeappo Sooya left me on my couch

She still sounded drunk, but I held on the line because the sound of her voice is helping me calm down.

"Lisa-ya.. I think you should get some rest.." I said softly.

"but I'm not sleepy Sunshine.." Lisa giggled.

I blushed at her nickname for me. It's been a long time since she's called me that.

She eventually fell asleep on the line, and I did too.

___________________________________
Hey everyone!

Sorry Chaeyoung's POV is getting a little long. Just want to show her side of things, as well as elaborate on her feels.

Promise that the next chapter will be more interesting for you!

Please don't forget to comment and vote so I'll know if I'm doing this right ahah.