Chapter 13: Confusion

Lisa's POV

"Hello?".

I paused before I continued. This doesn't sound like Chaeng. I mean, it's a man's voice.

I checked the caller ID to make sure I dialed "Chipmunk" and not some other number.

Hmm. Sketchy.

"Who is this?," I questioned.

"Who are you? You called me first," the caller on the other responded, his tone a little annoyed.

"I'm calling for Chaeyoung, not you. Why do you have her phone?" I raised me voice at this obnoxious asshole. Who is he to be answering my chipmunk's phone?

"I'm her boyfriend. Who do you think you are and what do you want talking to my girlfriend?," he started screaming.

I could hear someone screaming at him, a very muffled voice on the other end of the line before hanging up the phone.

She's still with him.

Fuck, what have I done?

I must be the world's biggest idiot to have thought she'd pick me over him.

Was my heart just a toy to her? Did she think she could just come back after all this time to play with my feelings?

I was so deep in my heavy-hearted thoughts I zoned out on my ringtone that kept ringing  persistently.

Looking over at the caller ID I realised it would be either one of them trying to get a hold of me. Makes sense.

He would want an explanation and she would probably want to justify herself, I guess.

I declined the call and felt a tear trickle down my cheek.

Well, fuck you Chaeng.

I don't care what your excuse is, the fact that you didn't bother telling me you were in a relationship just killed me in ways you would never know.

Maybe she has her reasons?

But what would it possibly be? How hard is it to just tell me you're still with him?

And here I am, sitting like a moron thinking that you'd want to be with me. That sucks.

What's worse? You're still with that asshole Jungkook.

I felt the heart-wrenching pain that I had been accustomed to before she came back into my life.

How long will I keep being so fucking stupid, just to be on her beck and call?

I grabbed my phone wanting to throw it onto the walls of my dressing room , remembering how I thought we'd be back together after I spilled my heart out, opened my chest and poured out its contents into a song for her... in front of the world.

This definitely wasn't the place to break down but I didn't care. I just couldn't contain myself anymore.

From the corner of my eye, I watched as Jackson stood by the door, his face just blank as he realises that I'm slowly facing and looking right at him.

He walks right over towards me and pulls me into a hug. And we stayed there for sometime.

Like I said, Jackson's more than just my manager. He's like the big brother I never had.

"Lisa-ya... I'm sorry I overheard," he paused and pulled out of the hug, his hands grabbing my arms on both sides "what do you wanna do? Want me to go and get ahold of her?" He crouched down a little to meet my eyes.