Chapter 6 : You & I

- Flashback -

News of Lisa went viral across every social media platform there was, and on almost every newspaper available.

Headlines read "Lisa Manoban and Son Chae-young, hottest couple of the year?", "Lisa Manoban moves on with Chae-young from TWICE", "Ships sailing for Lisa".

Pictures of her leaving a cafe with Chae-young spread all across forums and the mass media, they were holding hands, Lisa walking in front of her.

It had been about 6 months since Lalisa Manoban has spoken to Park Chaeyoung, her former girlfriend.

News of her face accompanied by Son Chae-young spread nationwide and came to Blackpink's attention.

Jennie's POV

I woke up early this morning for my routine jog, scrolling through my phone messages before I get up from bed.

I came across big news as I saw Lisa's face plastered on the screen along with thousands of other news outlets claiming that she is now together with Son Chae-young??

Wait, that can't be right. I dialed Jisoo's number in record time and heard a sleepy voice on the other end.

"EONNI WAKE UP! Did you know about this?? Chaeyoung is going to wake up and see it soon!!", I whisper shouted.

Jisoo let out a confused groan and asked what I was on about. "Is it true, Lisa is dating Chae-young from TWICE?".

I didn't know what I would do if Chaeyoung found out.

Jisoo's POV
"Yah, Kim Jennie, how do you even come up with that? There is no way that Nalisa would be da-," Jennie cut her off and told her to check the news.

This can't be true! Lisa would never date someone without telling me!

I'm her best friend, I know her so well I could always tell she was smitten. Absolutely not.

"Jennie-ya, don't worry. I'm sure it's a misunderstanding.

Lisa didn't tell me anything about Son Chae-young. I'm sure the media is just blowing things out of proportion."

Lisa is so dead if the press is reporting the truth.

But I can't even begin to imagine what Chaeyoungie would be feeling if it were...

"NALISA, WHERE ARE YOU?," I shouted hoping to hear a response.

I got up from my bed and started walking towards her room.

I hear a muffled conversation from the outside of her door.

I slowly pushed the door open as it creaked.

And overheard a conversation between Lisa and her boss, CEO of JYP entertainment (who was on speaker because she threw her phone onto her bed as she was standing up, furiously throwing her arms in the air and folded them continuously).

Lisa: Sajangnim, please we need to do something about this!

Park Sajangnim: I understand how it looks like Lisa, but there isn't much we can do. It's on every media outlet and most of your fan base has already seen it. But we could-

Lisa: No, that's not good enough. I can't let her think that this is what I've been up to. Please, help me figure out a way to stop it from getting to her!

Park Sajangnim: I'm sorry Lisa. At most we could hold interviews to counter the rumour. But I'd advice to let it die down before the press gets suspicious of our rapid fire...