Chapter 19: Family

Jisoo's POV

"...then I woke up," Lisa finished her sentence as all of us listened intently. I felt a tight squeeze around my hand, only to find Jennie holding it close to her chest.

"Jendeukie, you okay?," I whispered in her ear as Chaeyoung continues to smother Lisa.

She turns her head towards me and whispers back "I hope that never happens to you. I don't know what I'd do i-if...," she bites her bottom lip as if she's deep in thought.

Aish, she's so cute.

I pulled her closer, wrapping my arms around her tiny frame. "I'll always find my way back to you, my love."

We stayed in that position, our hearts happy to see Lisa's recovery going smoothly.

"So, when can I get out of this dump?," chuckled Lisa. Her eyes beaming with excitement, typical crackhead.

She just woke up from a freaking coma less than 30 minutes ago, and she's already talking about getting out.

We laughed as Chaeyoung slaps her arm, nagging at her.

"LALISA MANOBAN! YOU ARE STAYING IN THIS BED UNTIL THE DOCTOR SAYS YOU CAN GO HOME," Chaeyoung huffs, her eyes brows furrowed in worry.

Chaeyoung's POV

I'm staring at Lisa in disbelief.

How can she joke in a time like this??!!

"PARK CHAE YOUNG!," she suddenly yelled back at me.

"WHAT? ARE YOU OKAY??," I started searching her arms, then her face. Did I squeeze her hand too hard?

"Calm down babe," she giggles "I was just kidding."

I rolled my eyes at her.

"Anyways, how are you feeling?," she asked as she intertwined our fingers.

"I-I'm fine," I replied "I'm just glad you're okay," I smiled at her.

She let out a big sigh as our foreheads leaned on each other.

COUGH COUGH

I turned to see JYP's CEO; Director Park accompanied by Jackson.

"I'm glad you're awake Lisa," Director Park spoke. He made his way toward us and gave us a small smile.

"Sajangnim," Lisa greeted him and slightly bowed, I watched as she winces in pain.

"L-Lisa, careful your body isn't recovered yet...," I helped her back into her bed.

"Please, just rest. I'm glad to see your girls are taking great care of you," he moves his hands from his back, revealing a beautiful bouquet of lilies "here's a small get well soon present."

I watched as Lisa smiled and thanked him, Jennie and Jisoo joining in and greeting him as well.

We've met Director Park probably a handful of times, Jensoo and I. He's always cheerful and polite to everyone, which is why everyone loves him so much.

But when it comes down to business, as we heard from Lisa, he's opinionated and firm. That's what makes him one of the most respected in the industry.

After exchanging pleasantries, Jackson got a call and they had to leave to attend a press conference.

In the 3 weeks that Lisa had been in a coma, the media found out about her condition and there were countless rumours about how she got into the hospital.