Chapter 18: Dreaming vs Reality

Lisa's POV

My eyes wincing at the bright light that sneaked through the curtains, adjusting themselves to the environment. As I blinked I could see speckles of dust floating in the air.

I brought my hands to rub my eyes, noticing the IV drip still attached to my hand. Gently rubbing my eyes before I opened them again, only to find myself on a green field of flowers.

Roses to be exact.

My eyes wandering around, feeling confused.

Am I tripping or is this one big annoyingly, confusing dream?

How do I wake up?

My head looked downwards as I realized I was no longer on the hospital bed, my feet in my usual pair of Adidas beaters and my hands feeling the cool breeze.

Suddenly I heard an angelic voice.

It sounded all too familiar-

Chaeyoung?

I turned around, trying to find her.

I started to run towards where the sound was coming from and started to see a small figure from afar.

As I ran faster, I could start seeing her features.

Her long, wavy rose blonde hair.

She was wearing a simple white dress, yet the sight of her was just breathtaking.

Her fingers strumming on her favorite guitar, as her lips formed the melody to the song she was singing to.

"CHAENG!!," I yelled for her as I kept running.

She couldn't seem to hear me.

I kept running, faster and faster with each step.

By this time I was sprinting towards her.

"PARK CHAEYOUNG!!," I yelled even louder.

I was literally a few meters away from her when she turned her head towards me and smiled a small smile.

"Hi baby," she whispered slightly.

Why is she whispering?

"I hope you're feeling much better today," her hand reaching up for my face as I stood in front of her, panting from the run.

"What's going on Chaeng? Why are we here?," I held her hand and brought it up to my face.

She smiled at me again, but still not responding to my questions.

"Please wake up Lali... please," she said smiling slightly but I looked deep in her eyes.

All I saw was sadness.

Suddenly I was back in the hospital bed.

"Come back to me Lisa-ya..." her voice was calm like the ocean.

Am I still dreaming?

________________________________

Then I woke up.

________________________________

My eyes blinked at the lit room slowly adjusting to the brightness, it was probably early morning because the sun had light white-ish rays.

There was a hand intertwined with mine, I tilted my head sideways and saw an angel. Her head leaning on the side of my bed, a few strands of her blonde hair covering her face.

She must have slept here.

Just then, the doors creaked open and revealed Jensoo. 

"Can we try the chicken place near Chaeng's house later? I really wanna-," Jisoo's sentence came to a halt as both her and Jennie's jaw hung low.