Chapter 9 : Hidden feelings

Lisa's POV

I'm sitting, facing the most beautiful angel I've ever laid my eyes on. Clenching my jaw, I reminded myself to be indifferent. Deep down, I know I can never stay angry at her.

My heart wrenches as I watch her lips part into her infectious laughter. Her melodious voice just echoing in my ears. Sigh.

I keep poking my fork into the chunk of meat in my soup as my mind wandered off, unconsciously staring at her plump, pink lips.

"Take a photo, it'll last longer," Jennie's voice breaking my from my day dream. My eyes shot downwards, shifting my stare from the girl who has my heart, to the bowl of rice under my chin.

I felt a sneaky blush creep up and burning my cheeks. Damn it. Okay, you can come back from this Manoban. Just be confident.

"Don't need it to last any longer."

My eyes moving from Jennie's furrowed brows to Chaeyoung. Her cheeks were rosy but her eyes.. there was something in them. Anger? Annoyance? Whatever it was, it wasn't a good thing.

My phone started to ring as Jisoo protested because of the "no phones" during our catch ups. I excused myself and took the call in the room next to the girls.

Caller: Hello, Miss Manoban? This is Carter calling from K&R Media and Productions.

Lisa: K&R...

Carter: You paid for broadcasting birthday wishes o for.. Miss R-Rosé Park..

Right.. I forgot to cancel that.
I could hear him stutter through the phone. Was he another one of her star struck fans?

Lisa: Well, I was going to ask if i cou-

Carter: Miss Manoban, I'm calling to let you know that everything has been successfully installed and ready to go as of midnight just as requested.

I looked at the time, and it was about 4 hours 37 minutes from midnight. The corner of my eye catching the sight of Chaeyoung smiling at something Jisoo was saying, probably something dumb.

How I missed that smile. Maybe if I kept the surprise going, but just not reveal that it was from me, it would make her smile again.

Everyone else is probably off work.. and it feels bad to make everyone come and get rid of the additional LED panels and the extras.

Carter: Miss Manoban...? Are you still there?

Lisa: Um yes. Carter, before it's all live, could you please triple check that my name will not be anywhere near the video and the run sheets etc?

Carter: Yes, Miss Manoban. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Lisa: Thank you. I won't be needing anything else.

I ended the call and made my way back to the table.

"Who was it?," asked a curious Jisoo.

"Just my manager," I replied.

We continued to eat, my eyes glued to Chaeyoung that night.

Rosé's POV

I've been sitting across from Lisa the entire evening, catching her glimpse towards me every now and then.

How I wish things would be back to normal, and I would be back in her arms. My thoughts were interrupted when her phone rang, she stood up and proceeded to take the call somewhere else. I wonder who it is.

"Chaeyoung-ah, don't feel bad," Jisoo-unnie said, her eyes catching mine as if she knew what I was feeling. Jennie shot me a small smile.

"I'm okay eonnie, don't worry," I responded.