Chapter 23: Bad Place

Authornim POV

It's been 5 and a half weeks since Park Chaeyoung had visited her therapist.

She was diagnosed with PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder) coupled with the dark spirals; Depression and Anxiety.

After going through a difficult few months my n an abusive oriented environment, Chaeyoung had, at some point, realised that she was feeling depressed.

However back then, she didn't bring herself for an evaluation. Being the "strong" woman she thought she was, she decided to brush it off, put on a big smile and continued doing what she does best; put on a show.

Now in the present, she feels trapped in a vicarious, endless cycle.

Every time she closes her eyes, her nightmares haunt her, pictures so vivid of every horrible, disgusting, godforsaken thing Jungkook had ever done to her. This continued for the first 3 weeks, however the moment Lisa had woken up from her deep sleep, Park Chaeyoung had started to have the same nightmares, only them ending with Lisa charging in to her rescue and getting stabbed.

By the current time, she finds it difficult to fall asleep, drawing the circles under her eyes darker and larger.

Her sunny disposition had slowly started to fade, and her panic attacks had gradually taken over her sudden bursts of optimism.

Lisa had been observing and watching how this had slowly happened, allowing every single movement and word that came out of Chaeyoung's mouth to be analysed carefully in her mind.

She had come to a conclusion that the love of her life, might not be as happy as she claims to be. She notices the slightest signs of depression and anxiety, the light threads of evidence plastered in her conversations with the woman; the familiar illness that she once was accustomed with.

So, Lisa decided to find out what Jisoo and Jennie would know, seeing as they were always alongside Chaeyoung.

After much pestering and persuasion, Jennie had given her every bit of information, including the advice given to them to help and support Chaeyoung as a victim of trauma.

"... these symptoms and traces of PTSD would normally go away in a period of time, with lots of support from people around her," Lisa read the text message.

Her heart aches at the thought of her angel silently suffering to compose herself and exhibit a "strong" facade.

She stared at the little framed picture of them that was sitting on the cabinet beside her and started to finish off her thoughts.

Lisa's POV

I reached for the picture of us, my right abdomen tensing up as it hasn't been properly stretched over the past weeks, feeling a slight sore pain as I finally grabbed the photo and adjusted myself back into a sitting position.

"I'll do whatever it takes to make your heart happy again," I absentmindedly spoke.

"Like what?," I heard a chuckle.

Jisoo.

"Chu, what are you doing here? I thought you were supposed to be at practice?," I questioned the smirking girl.

"Practice finished an hour ago?," she pointed to the wall clock.

10pm.

Oh dang, have I been spacing out for hours? Last time I checked it was 5:30...

"How's your routine coming along?," I changed the topic, smiling at my best friend.

"We've still gotta nail the new moves and syncing our timing," she replied "it's actually pretty hard."