Chapter 10 : The Truth

Rosé's POV

I looked deep into Lisa's eyes, letting myself fall deeper into her gaze.

I miss you Lali, so much more than you know. I hugged her tighter, not wanting to let her go.

It was a little awkward at first, but the moment I pulled her closer to me, it just felt like how it used to before.

She opened her mouth to speak and said she was going to head home. All I wanted was this moment to last forever. Wrapping my arms around her neck, I found myself lost in what seemed like her loving gaze.

Can you please.. stay?

She looked at me, her eyes wide in surprise.

"Do I have something on my face?," I furrowed my brows.

"Um.. no. It's just, we haven't really spent time together in awhile, you sure you want me to stay?."

Did I just ask her to stay... out loud??
Jesus please just take me now. Save me from this embarrassment.

My thoughts interrupted by a roaring chuckle. "Chaeyoungie, are you blushing?," Lisa's face scoots closer to mine. Her eyes moving from my eyes to my cheeks.

"N-no! What are you talking about?," I defended myself. My cheeks burning up, I felt Lisa cupping my cheeks in the palm of her hands and smiling.

There was a moment of silence, comfortable silence before Lisa spoke again "Yeah, I'll stay the night. It's getting late anyways and who knows what jensoo's doing," she laughed.

"Oh, you don't have to. I mean it's-," I responded before Lisa cut me off. She pulled me close to her, her forehead leaning on mine. "Let's get inside before dispatch finds us?," she said softly.

Good idea.

Lisa's POV

We head into her house, cautiously watching out for any hidden paparazzis. I watched as Chaeyoung routinely takes her shoes off, dragging her feet on the marble floors, hopping onto the first step of the stairs, her eyes glistening as she turns back to face me "You coming Lali?," she smiles as she speaks.

This familiar feeling, my stomach churning and my heart racing watching as she runs up the stairs giggling, probably at the thought of her bed after a long day. Déjà vu.

I let out a small chuckle as I slowly made my way up towards her room. Holding my heart with my hand, making sure it doesn't explode out of my chest.

Lisa, please have some control. We can't let anyone get hurt from being reckless tonight.

Her door open as I approached it, taking a step  onto her polished floor, my eyes searching for her. My gaze stopped when I found the beautiful angel sitting on her small couch, just next to her photo wall. I walked towards her and sat on the spot next to her perfect body, scanning her room for new additions since the last time I was here.

Her head resting on my shoulder, feeling my body tensing up, trying hard not to move too much or breathe too hard. But all I could fixate in was my breathing, trying to calm it down, I feel her hand slipping into mine and intertwining our fingers. "Lali.. it's just me," she whispered softly as if she knew what was going on in my mind.

My gaze still focused on the wall next to us, noticing all our photos still on her wall, untouched. The time we went to the zoo and got animal headbands, when we went to our favourite pho place, that time we went to Thailand and visited the beach, and hundreds of others. "Chae.. I didn't know you still had these photos," I let the words slip out of my mouth casually.

".. the past 8 months was hell for me," she said, her eyes glued to our hands "but the memories represented in each photo, they helped me get through the hard times." I faced her now, my heart starting to ache. We never got to talk about what happened between us. Being here with her, it's all I ever wanted.. but it doesn't change the fact that she left me first. I just can't wrap my brain around why she would do it, even after we promised to fight for each other.

"I miss you," she said, her eyes making contact with mine. "I really, really miss you." I felt a lump in my throat as I was about to speak, but no words came out. Then it happened. I saw her eyes tearing up while she bit her lip trying to keep a straight face. No, don't cry. I held her hand tighter, looking into her eyes.

"Chae.. let's not do this, you can't," I choked on my words, trying not to cry in front of a borderline-sobbing Chaeyoung.

"I can't what?," she asked, sniffling as she looked at me.

"You can't. You left me Chae. You can't miss me. What about Jungkook? YG?," my hand slowly untangling from hers. Getting up from my seat as I finished my sentence, preparing to leave if things go south. I could feel my warm tears trickling down my face. Damn it.

"Lisa!! I didn't have a choice. It wasn't like I wanted to leave you!," she started sobbing, her face hiding under her hands as she started yelling at me. I could feel her frustration from the tone in her voice so I kept quiet the whole time. "Talk to me Lali!!," she grabbed my arm from behind and started to raise her voice. I couldn't bring myself to speak. She then stood up and came to face me, an unfamiliar look in her eyes as she repeated herself "Say something! Don't you have anything to say to me Lalisa Manoban?!."

I took in a deep breath. Feeling the emotions rising up in me I started to go off "Then what was it? Why couldn't you talk to me about it? I thought we were in it together Park Chaeyoung! Did you know how I've spent every night wrecking my brain and fighting with myself and trying so hard to believe that you had a reason to do it? Or how it broke my heart into a million pieces when I read about you and Jungkook just shortly after it happened? How you didn't even deny the rumours? How I knew you were actually dating him while I saw you at parties with Jennie and Jisoo? Or how about the millions of calls and texts I've given you but all remained unanswered? What? So you're finally ready to talk about how EVERYONE knew about where the hell you were but me?." I stopped because I ran out of breath. I remembered rehearsing a billion times what I would say to her if I ever got the chance, and that was the gist of it.

I looked up and found a shocked girl. "Lisa.. YG was threatening me to ruin your career. I couldn't take the risk of you losing everything you've work so hard for...," she paused. "You didn't really think I left you because I didn't love you anymore did you?," she sounded a little hurt.

"Honestly Chae, I don't even know anymore. How could you have thought that you couldn't come and talk to me about it? We could have gotten through it togethe-," I replied, disappointed.

"You just don't get it Lisa.. you would have thrown such a fit and marched to YG's office," I cut her off mid sentence.

"No, it's YOU who doesn't get it, Park Chaeyoung."

"What is it that I don't get Lisa? Please just tell me. What is it that I'm missing here?."

I tilted my head up, meeting her sad eyes. Grabbing her by her waist and pulling a very surprised Chaeyoung into my arms. Gently crashing my lips into hers, feeling her hands stop resisting my chest and start wrapping themselves around my neck. My arms wrapped tighter around her petite waist, leaning in to deepen the kiss. Pulling myself apart from her lips, watching as her eyelids flicker, revealing her soft eyes.

"Do you get it now?," I whispered onto her lips "I love you, Park Chaeyoung."

________________________________
A/N

Hey everyone! Sorry for the rushed chapter, but I thought it's time for them to talk since it's 10 chapters in!

Promise there's more and it'll be tea-full..?

Love you guys, thank you so much for reading.

I love you, Roseanne Park Chaeyoung.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें